·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
148 Posts
"With regards to the wagon -- never say never!"
Hmm, might be a two-ST family before this is all said and done!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"With regards to the wagon -- never say never!"
Hmm, might be a two-ST family before this is all said and done!
I hope so, it will change my plans in regards to which model I purchase.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
She talked allot...said very little we didnt know.

Screw some marketing face, let us talk to an engineer!!!
I have spoken to her myself and she is very intelligent. Before she was the Ford ST Brand Manager she was a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer, so you are hearing from an engineer. Everyone has to realize that she can only say certain things that are decided on by her upper management. Be lucky they even have someone doing this. I've never seen another manufacturer go to this length before.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have spoken to her myself and she is very intelligent. Before she was the Ford ST Brand Manager she was a Vehicle Dynamics Engineer, so you are hearing from an engineer. Everyone has to realize that she can only say certain things that are decided on by her upper management. Be lucky they even have someone doing this. I've never seen another manufacturer go to this length before.
In that case - FORD: Stop with the rules and let the lady speak!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I guess some of you are seeing not the truth why Ford send us Lisa. Lisa is the Wall between the community and Ford.
Ford´s marketing strategy for the ST has failed. after they was aware of that, they send Lisa to us, and sorry but, i guess 90% of ST buyers would be men! so send a litlle sweet sexy women, looking like a girl, and let she talk some little informations while she´s butter us up.

true or not? :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
@STephen: I think this a pretty chauvinist assessment. You are being pretty demeaning to a woman you don't know. I am an electrical engineer and I work for caterpillar. We don't have a ton of women engineers, but the ones we have are great at their job. They are breaking the stereotype and they really are busting into the boys club. I can only imagine it is similar at ford. If Lisa is a former vehicle engineer, I am willing to bet she is smart enough to not take a position that would trivialize and demean her. Have you thought about the fact that maybe she took the position because she loves the product and loves interacting with the target consumer? Sorry if I'm preachy about this but I deal with this every day seeing my female coworkers being disrespected.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Safetyguy-
I agree completely. This is the second derogatory posting this idiot STephen has made about Lisa and, personally, I'd prefer all of his future postings were made in German and not English. Evidently, he has such a low opinion of the members of this board that he feels we can be persuaded in any way to purchase the ST by an attractive Ford rep. Of course, like most conspiracy theorists, he's one of the only ones that can see the real "truth".

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before this gets out of hand..

the next comment about Lisa in reference to her character or physical appear will get this thread closed, and their post deleted.

That includes any response to any previous comments made..

Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
I guess some of you are seeing not the truth why Ford send us Lisa. Lisa is the Wall between the community and Ford.
Ford´s marketing strategy for the ST has failed. after they was aware of that, they send Lisa to us, and sorry but, i guess 90% of ST buyers would be men! so send a litlle sweet sexy women, looking like a girl, and let she talk some little informations while she´s butter us up.

true or not? :)
Not. Like, at all.
@STephen: I think this a pretty chauvinist assessment. You are being pretty demeaning to a woman you don't know. I am an electrical engineer and I work for caterpillar. We don't have a ton of women engineers, but the ones we have are great at their job. They are breaking the stereotype and they really are busting into the boys club. I can only imagine it is similar at ford. If Lisa is a former vehicle engineer, I am willing to bet she is smart enough to not take a position that would trivialize and demean her. Have you thought about the fact that maybe she took the position because she loves the product and loves interacting with the target consumer? Sorry if I'm preachy about this but I deal with this every day seeing my female coworkers being disrespected.
This.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Okay guys. Back to topic....
In my opinion, Lisa is a very good employee. She does her Job very well, and i am happy that she is here with us to try to answer all our questions. I would NEVER say that women are working less efficient then men or something else in this direction.
(What i wanted to say is that) she is absolutely the right person to communicate with the community.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
So I reopened this topic...

We all have strong opinions. Ultimately what STephan was trying to say is having a women as the Marketing Manager is a good thing for sales.

I hate to pull this card out, but as a Marketing/Advertising major .....sex appeal sells. That is a the plain truth. And if I had to make a educated guess, 90% of sales will be men between the ages of 25 and 35. No offense to DreamInPixels, which is our only known lady member, but this is a mans car. Not to say women would not love to drive this car, it just takes the right circumstances for a women to buy this car. It might be fair to say that a mother of three will most likely not buy this car. But the father of the three kids, yes. :D

But I could be wrong... I am not an expert, nor do I have the marketing research to prove what I say.

I believe Lisa has done a fantastic Job. And it is well documented on this forum that no other company is as engaged on social with their customers. I can't fathom my ability to email her about issues and response I get 24 hours later. I have great respect for Ford and their employees.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think you guys know I own a SVT Focus. I would love to know what the buyer demographics were on the SVT for the 3 years that the car was sold. :?: To be honest, I never came across a female who owned the car. I see gazillions of women in Atlanta driving BMW's (including performance-oriented ones such as 335's w/ six speeds), but no lowly SVT owners. :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I reopened this topic...

We all have strong opinions. Ultimately what STephan was trying to say is having a women as the Marketing Manager is a good thing for sales.

I hate to pull this card out, but as a Marketing/Advertising major .....sex appeal sells. That is a the plain truth. And if I had to make a educated guess, 90% of sales will be men between the ages of 25 and 35. No offense to DreamInPixels, which is our only known lady member, but this is a mans car. Not to say women would not love to drive this car, it just takes the right circumstances for a women to buy this car. It might be fair to say that a mother of three will most likely not buy this car. But the father of the three kids, yes. :D

But I could be wrong... I am not an expert, nor do I have the marketing research to prove what I say.

I believe Lisa has done a fantastic Job. And it is well documented on this forum that no other company is as engaged on social with their customers. I can't fathom my ability to email her about issues and response I get 24 hours later. I have great respect for Ford and their employees.
I guess I'll be in the 10% then, as I'm 58! I do fully agree about the "sex appeal sells" comment, though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I guess I'll be in the 10% then, as I'm 58! I do fully agree about the "sex appeal sells" comment, though.
DAC - I'm with you man, cause I've got 3 years on you. That probably puts me in the 2% category; and Ford will probably sell a lot more ST's to female buyers than guys in my category!! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts