Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I am not sure when exactly I will be able to get my own ST I am as anxious as everyone else to see them hit the street. Earlier when the "catfish" hit the forum with his bogus ST arrival I couldn't help but take offense with the catfish reference. Don't knock the photoshop skills on this one. I only hope to provide a little humor to ease the "pain" I'm sure those of you with actual orders were feeling today.

2013 Focus Killer ST.jpg

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't really get the fish thing? I see a gaping grill, a bit aston martin ish, kind of a frown I guess, not really seeing the fish thing. Now the huge goofy smile on the MS3 I see clear as day, except on a black car which looks pretty good since it's basically hidden.
I also don't really get trolling forums, seems like a huge waste of energy and time. How pathetic is your life if you make time just to go bug people? It's kind of like the game you play when you're 8 years old and you run up and knock on somebody's door and then run away. You do it a couple of times, then you turn 9 and you're like, ok that's pretty dumb, I'm done with that.

And after typing all of that, I finally just got your image.....a killer whale, good one. Needs a fin on the roof, lol.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Killer killer whale

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I can see the catfish thing. Doesn't bother me. I ordered my ST in black. So it'll look like blackened catfish. I love blackened catfish, so there you go.

The lesson I've learned in life, is that reacting to an insult, is like responding to spam email. When you react, they know they've got you. You make it your own joke, and the insult loses any power. It looks like an "Angry Catfish". Own it. Use it instead of Focus ST, when you talk about it on forums, and half the people won't know what car you're talking about, but the insiders will. Use it first in a discussion on your car, and people will laugh. I've thought of saying "Homicidal Catfish", but then that sounds like you're calling someone out for a race.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm not sure I can actually name my car. I've told my wife never to name a vehicle, because nothing makes that vehicle more neurotic or problem prone than anthropomorphizing it :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Hey Frankie...
I think we need something that OWNS the Angry Catfish moniker! A decal, shirt, patch ...SOMETHING!!! Lets take this SUPPOSED insult and turn it into a point of PRIDE!
I used to do a lot of water skiing on the bayous of the "Catfish Capital of the Universe" (Des Allemands). I enjoy catfish quite a lot and also do not find this reference to be the insult intended.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts