Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer I have been talking to for about 2 months has completely changed their story. They already told me they are doing x plan pricing, until today where they said this "Ford is not offering xplan or rebates on the ST Focus."
I am getting really tired of being lied to. She didn't say they do not offer, she said Ford does not. I'm quite pissed to be honest. Is there anyone within the Indiana state border that can give me a good dealers info, or maybe some advice for combating a dealership? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
The dealer I have been talking to for about 2 months has completely changed their story. They already told me they are doing x plan pricing, until today where they said this "Ford is not offering xplan or rebates on the ST Focus."
I am getting really tired of being lied to. She didn't say they do not offer, she said Ford does not. I'm quite pissed to be honest. Is there anyone within the Indiana state border that can give me a good dealers info, or maybe some advice for combating a dealership? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
yes go to another dealer.
Call ahead and ask if they will honor xplan. Ford IS offering xplan, but it is the dealer perogative to honor or not
And you can post this in the Negative dealer thread....name names

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Dude that sucks. Wow. Good luck. You can show her the google docs? Lots of members are using X-Plan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dude that sucks. Wow. Good luck. You can show her the google docs? Lots of members are using X-Plan
I gave the link that showed xplan pricing, but it is too late. I do not care if they came down to 15000 I wouldn't buy from them. Oh and by the way it Ray Skillman Ford. We need to start a thread of black list dealers.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
I know I am breaking my own rule, which is NEVER argue with a dealer. Just walk. Plenty more where they come from.

Good luck to you sir. Man that sucks.

A blacklist for dealers can get dangerous. There is a thread in the general forum for negative experiences at dealerships. Make sure you post in there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I am breaking my own rule, which is NEVER argue with a dealer. Just walk. Plenty more where they come from.

Good luck to you sir. Man that sucks.

A blacklist for dealers can get dangerous. There is a thread in the general forum for negative experiences at dealerships. Make sure you post in there.
Youre the boss Chad...(whispering) you might want to delete my black list thread

·
Registered
352 Posts
I live in southern Indiana and I know of some good dealers down here. ( I got z plan pricing on my ST)

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am getting really tired of being lied to. She didn't say they do not offer, she said Ford does not. I'm quite pissed to be honest. Is there anyone within the Indiana state border that can give me a good dealers info, or maybe some advice for combating a dealership?
The following approach might help with the next dealer you talk to. My advice for negotiating with salespeople:

First, contact the dealership by phone and talk with one of the salespeople. Let them know of your intent to buy an ST, and indicate the color, trim level and options you'd like, then ask for a price based on whatever incentives are currently available. It's also a good idea to ask if the ST would be eligible for any additional incentives or offers that might come up between now and when payment in full is made (or a financing/lease agreement is signed).

Next, get the salespersons' email address and immediately follow up your phone conversation with an email summarizing the discussion. Re-state the desired trim level and options, and your understanding of the price + any incentives/offers that were discussed and/or agreed to. In closing, ask for confirmation they have received your email and ask them to correct/clarify any aspects of the email they do not agree with. Either the dealer will respond with an email saying they agree with what you wrote, or they will correct it.

Upon receiving a response in writing, ask for clarification on any wording you might find vague, and continue the email dialogue until you are satisfied with the response. Follow up with a phone call if you don't get an initial response within 24 hours. If the salesperson won't respond in writing, then use your best judgement but I personally wouldn't waste any more time with them - at that point you could send a follow-up email outlining your dissatisfaction with their service (or lack of). Copy the email to a Ford ombudsman and attach the emails you'd sent to the dealership.

The emails don't need to be highly formal, but should be clear, concise and polite, as they will form a written record in the event that your dispute gets escalated. I expect a salesperson to behave in a prompt, courteous, professional, and honest manner, and I try to treat them the same. Even in the event of a disagreement I make a point to be civil and polite - you're far more likely to be taken seriously. Sarcastic and rude emails will allow the dealership to justify a non-response, it's a lot harder for them to justify ignoring a sincere and polite potential customer. They'll know they are on shaky ground and will be more amenable to coming to an agreement, but if they behave in anything other than an honest and professional manner you should probably walk away and look to make your purchase elsewhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts