Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first new car was a 1984 Dodge Colt Turbo. Brought it home on December 21st, 1984. Had a good long run with it and was forever hooked on small, fast cars.

I've had quite a few different cars and trucks since then and am looking to change once again. The short of it is I'm in a 2011 F250 Crew Cab that we use to tow our travel trailer. Well the trailer is going since we aren't camping much anymore and that means I don't need the truck, especially at 13mpg and $4.00 a gallon.

In looking at economical cars I came across the Focus ST. Hey I thought, that looks economical and fun to boot! It's not a done deal but it sure is probable.

So here I am at 46 years old looking to return to the world of pocket rockets. And from what I gather, the ST is the one you want. Doesn't hurt that I'm a Ford guy either. ;)

Thanks to you Chad for getting this forum up and running. I'm glad to have found it!

·
Registered
264 Posts
It's a great site but also horrible at the same time because you'll become highly addicted to it in no time! Welcome though, as you'll soon learn many of us on here are beyond anxious to get our feet on those aluminum pedals. They are pumping em out at the Ford plant so we'll be seeing them on the road here in the upcoming weeks. I'm sure once you see one in person you'll be sitting down at your dealer signing some papers! Yeah, tough to be driving that rig as a DD so make the switch!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've been through the site addiction deal before. A few times in fact. This would be the latest in a long line of forums I've jumped into with zeal!

As far as seeing an ST in person before buying, doesn't look like that will happen around here (NW Indiana). Every dealer I've contacted says none will be stocked, only ordered. If that's the case I'd be taking a leap of faith but everything I've read so far says it would be a leap worth taking.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If you want to get the basic feel you could test drive a 5-door 2012 Model. Obviously performance will be different as well as the seats but everything else is probably close enough where you'd have a good idea of what to expect with the ST. You could also test out My Ford Touch if you haven't already so you'd know whether or not you want to spend the extra money on it.

Reactions: hockeypucks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yup, Baron is right. I'd hop in a 5 door Titanium model with the handling package if you can find it on your dealers' lot. I have the sedan version of this and I am blown away with the handling of this car bone stock. I can only imagine how well the ST will handle but like you say, I highly doubt you'd be disappointed in that particular leap! I know it's a bit pricey but to me it's worth every penny and I haven't even been in one yet. I've seen 3 here in Michigan riding around the freeways near the Ford plant but haven't yet been up close to one.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
welcome. Never left the fold myself. Never strayed too far once bitten by the hot hatch bug.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Welcome. We are glad you found us.

If you guys are addicted what does that make me?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Eco - I can relate, having been a previous Focus zx3and SVT owner, now driving a 300C with similar mileage to your F150.... and very much looking forward to the ST. Welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts