Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems I should have listened to exhausts in person before buying one. :( I currently have a CP-E catted downpipe and exhaust, which is great below 2500 rpm but drones at ~2500. Not sure if it's a problem specific to my car or if inherent to the CP-E exhaust itself.

Is there anyone near Philadelphia who has Milltek, CP-E, or Borla exhausts that I can listen to?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Anyone else with a CP-E want to chime in? That exhaust is supposed to have no drone, and that was a big reason I had for wanting it.

From what I've noticed with exhausts, no one has a good enough recording setup/speaker setup to really tell what they sound like. But it's still worth a shot.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's very subjective what people consider drone vs. a louder engine sound. To my ears, the CP-E turboback exhaust drones at highway speeds. I love the sound at all other times - I just wish it wasn't as bothersome while cruising or under fast acceleration.

MacAttack, definitely listen to the CP-E exhaust before you buy. I'm considering switching to Milltek (yeah, ouch for my wallet), but ideally I would want to hear first.

Anyone else with a CP-E want to chime in? That exhaust is supposed to have no drone, and that was a big reason I had for wanting it.

From what I've noticed with exhausts, no one has a good enough recording setup/speaker setup to really tell what they sound like. But it's still worth a shot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seems I should have listened to exhausts in person before buying one. :( I currently have a CP-E catted downpipe and exhaust, which is great below 2500 rpm but drones at ~2500. Not sure if it's a problem specific to my car or if inherent to the CP-E exhaust itself.

Is there anyone near Philadelphia who has Milltek, CP-E, or Borla exhausts that I can listen to?
Im located in NJ and have CP-e Catted Downpipe, exhaust and intake. I dont really notice the exhaust when cruising at 65 and below above that there is a noise nothing that bothers me much unless im accelerating from 60-80 thing screams. Once I get to 80 it tones down again. Also I feel like its alot louder when i have 3-4 people in the car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your setup is perfect to do a "hearing test" on. ;) Where are you located in NJ?

And why exactly does it sound louder with more people in the car?

Im located in NJ and have CP-e Catted Downpipe, exhaust and intake. I dont really notice the exhaust when cruising at 65 and below above that there is a noise nothing that bothers me much unless im accelerating from 60-80 thing screams. Once I get to 80 it tones down again. Also I feel like its alot louder when i have 3-4 people in the car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
And why exactly does it sound louder with more people in the car?
Same reason it is louder when going up a long steep hill...engine has to work harder.

·
Registered
418 Posts
No love for Magnaflow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts