Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've searched the forums and the net and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I have been looking for the ideal EQ setting and haven't found the "sweet spot" yet. I am curious to know how the rest of you have your Bass, Midrange and Treble set.

I have an ST3 and the stock audio system.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It's really going to be a personal preference and might somewhat depend on what type of music or source you're listening to. I would like to tweak some of the settings a little different for different sources (AM and FM, different for Sirius to reduce treble, tweaked a bit for my iPod, etc.) but we only have one adjustment for all sources.

Personally, in general I try to tone down the treble a bit and leave the mids and bass alone or slightly lower the bass. The system appears to be programmed with a baseline equalization curve that hammers the highs and lows, almost like they're trying to appeal to the younger generations and the currently popular rap/hip hop/pop type music. I listen to some of that type of music but also listen to classic rock, talk radio, a little bit of classical and tons of other genres and the Sony system kind of sucks. It's especially bad on satellite radio where it emphasizes and boosts the highs frequencies, which is exactly where the extremely compressed data stream has removed and muddles the most information from the original source music.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sound is going to be personal preference, also for different genres of music I think they should be changed, I am only really picky about my music at home, my sound system is stupid expensive but I love it and its my little project, in a car, I rather just be able to rock out and cruise. Windows down, Deftones blasting out, really does not get much better.

But my sound preferences are a lot like commented above.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts