Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not what it sounds like exactly. I'm addicted to coming on this site for new information about the ST. It is like a drug for me at this point. :S I wish I could just wake up and the ST's would be here. At that point, this place would not have the stigma I place on it and we could then share our love for our new vehicles. Someone make them come already...I'm terribly impatient and this will be my first new vehicle, so that add to the excitement even more.

This site is great by the way I was jk about that.:p

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not what it sounds like exactly. I'm addicted to coming on this site for new information about the ST. It is like a drug for me at this point. :S I wish I could just wake up and the ST's would be here. At that point, this place would not have the stigma I place on it and we could then share our love for our new vehicles. Someone make them come already...I'm terribly impatient and this will be my first new vehicle, so that add to the excitement even more.

Great first new vehicle btw

·
Registered
139 Posts
This will be my first new car as well and I am very excited. I've purchased 5 used DSM's so i've experienced what its like to get a heavily modded and neglected car and it can suck. It's going to be weird to be able to drive without staring at the gauges just waiting for something to go wrong haha.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This will be my first new car as well and I am very excited. I've purchased 5 used DSM's so i've experienced what its like to get a heavily modded and neglected car and it can suck. It's going to be weird to be able to drive without staring at the gauges just waiting for something to go wrong haha.

I agree...even the gauges don't work sometimes. My ebrake light stays on most of the time, my fuel gauge is inconsistent, and when it's cold the lights to the gauges do not work at all. Now if something goes wrong with the vehicle I can just take it in and have it fixed. No out of pocket expenses, like idk $2000 for a rebuilt transmission. Life will be grand with a new vehicle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I agree...even the gauges don't work sometimes. My ebrake light stays on most of the time, my fuel gauge is inconsistent, and when it's cold the lights to the gauges do not work at all. Now if something goes wrong with the vehicle I can just take it in and have it fixed. No out of pocket expenses, like idk $2000 for a rebuilt transmission. Life will be grand with a new vehicle.
Ya it will be nice to have a reliable DD. To be fair though I bought all my DSM's knowing they had problems as I enjoy working on cars and building DSM's specifically. I drove my most recent 95 Talon for all of 10 miles before I dropped the tranny and pulled the motor in preparation for a full build lol.

It will be nice to just be able to have a warranty though. I hate working on new cars; just a bunch of electronic crap that can't be fixed with a socket haha.

·
Registered
184 Posts

we are in the same boat. This will be my first new car because I have always bought used. So the wait is killing me. The headlight delay is even more annoying. Hopefully the fix it soon BC I don't want to wait to much past September.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
I've yet to see this car IRL but I haven't been this obsessed since when the SVT first came out

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
If I recall the SVT Focus's didn't change much from 02-04 so I don't expect the next couple of ST's to be dramatically different. Maybe when the next generation of Focus's is built they will have an upgraded ST that is worth pursuing.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I wouldn't put everything on the pre-orders. With the economy the way it is I'm not entirely surprised. It is a niche product after all. I just hope it sells well enough over the next 9 months to warrant more.

Reactions: Americarsftw

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
The motor goes into other Fords, and the car is still basically a Focus. If it's built to demand I think Ford will continue to offer it. On another note, the more rare the first year is, the better, especially for all those ST3 buyers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This will be my first new car as well. The anticipation and news of ST3 delays is killing me!

I have a feeling my next new car is going to require some serious coin to be considered an upgrade to the ST. :D

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
This will be my first new car as well. The anticipation and news of ST3 delays is killing me!

I have a feeling my next new car is going to require some serious coin to be considered an upgrade to the ST. :D
Yes, like an RS.

·
Registered
65 Posts
With only 550 preorders to date for the ST I just don't see how there will be a 2014 ST
Those of us who have or are planning on ordering (I'm going tomorrow) are weird in the U.S. once the car is available it could see a big jump in popularity. It will have to win over some of the GTI crowd to do it but it does give you a bit more car without sacrificing on the sophistication.

I don't see why ford would give up on making it for this market if they stick with the global market plan. As long as it does well in Europe it shouldn't cost Ford much to make some for North America as well.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Just take a long sleep, and dream about not being in Kansas anymore..Then say ...there is no car like the ST..

:p

Reactions: oaxa
1 - 20 of 20 Posts