Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, placed my order 7/27, got a receipt of the order from the dealer on Monday.

On it, there's some potentially interesting info:

Priority - In the top right, it says "Priority 10", anyone know what that means?

SCHD is blank, as expected.

under VIN, there's a partial vin it seems (7 numbers, ADPxxxx)

One of the other threads mentioned a confirmation number, doesn't seem apparent to me where that is.

But hey, Race Red ST2 arriving sometime this year. No complaints here :D :yay:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Dealers often have many cars on order. The priority on the order is set by the dealer. A priority 10 is the highest priority the dealer can assign, so you are good there. The confirmation notice will be emailed to you by Ford, not the dealer, and is used for GoPro qualification. The dealer must register you in the retail pre-order system in order to be confirmed, and this is separate from the actual order.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dealers often have many cars on order. The priority on the order is set by the dealer. A priority 10 is the highest priority the dealer can assign, so you are good there. The confirmation notice will be emailed to you by Ford, not the dealer, and is used for GoPro qualification. The dealer must register you in the retail pre-order system in order to be confirmed, and this is separate from the actual order.
My priority says 19. So what does that mean if 10 is the highest?

·
Registered
908 Posts
I don't have any sort of "purchase receipt" with a priority, but mostly because I did it all over the phone and only got the most important details emailed to me. :\

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My priority says 19. So what does that mean if 10 is the highest?
It may not mean anything. The priority is set by the dealer and only effects orders by that dealer. If all of that dealers orders are done at priority 19, then there is no difference. However, if the dealer has 3 other STs on order at a priority less than 19, then you will get number 4. You must check with your specific dealer to see if they have any other cars on order at a priority less than 19. It has no direct effect on when Ford builds or ships your car. It only effects which orders from that specific dealer get built first.

I going under the belief that what you are calling the purchase receipt is actually the VOC.

·
Registered
630 Posts
It may not mean anything. The priority is set by the dealer and only effects orders by that dealer. If all of that dealers orders are done at priority 19, then there is no difference. However, if the dealer has 3 other STs on order at a priority less than 19, then you will get number 4. You must check with your specific dealer to see if they have any other cars on order at a priority less than 19. It has no direct effect on when Ford builds or ships your car. It only effects which orders from that specific dealer get built first.

I going under the belief that what you are calling the purchase receipt is actually the VOC.
On the top, it says 2013 Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment.

Under that it just says New Order *Dealer Submitted*

What is the next piece of information I should receive from Ford? I've got a call in to make sure my dealership registers me in the early order program.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
@boltsfan17

That is the DORA which is better than the VOC. The DORA means Ford has received the order from the dealer (but has not confirmed your order yet). If your dealer registered your order in the early order program, you will get an email from Ford saying you qualify for the GoPro once your order is confirmed/accepted. After that, you will not normally receive anything from Ford. You will have to rely on your dealer to check the vehicle visibility reports (only available to Ford employees) and provide updates to you when they happen (which is not very often).

·
Registered
630 Posts
@boltsfan17

That is the DORA which is better than the VOC. The DORA means Ford has received the order from the dealer (but has not confirmed your order yet). If your dealer registered your order in the early order program, you will get an email from Ford saying you qualify for the GoPro once your order is confirmed/accepted. After that, you will not normally receive anything from Ford. You will have to rely on your dealer to check the vehicle visibility reports (only available to Ford employees) and provide updates to you when they happen (which is not very often).
Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My WAG on the "VIN#" is that it is an internal place holder that the dealer software (presumably ADP, which is big boy in auto dealer software solutions) uses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts