Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I installed the Steeda CAI and I have to say, worth every penny! Now I am looking to add an exhaust. I see that most people suggest a downpipe along with the exhaust. I have the MBRP 304 Pro Series exhaust and the
MBRP Exhaust FGS012 Turbo Down Pipe in my shopping cart. How much hp and whp should I expect to gain and will I notice it?

Also, is it easy to put the exhaust system on at home? I put on the first two mods (BOV and CAI) but they were pretty easy.

Thanks in advance,
Cody

·
Registered
66 Posts
The cat back is easy to do at home. You will have to cut the factory system though. Downpipe is a little more tricky but definitely doable.
Are you running a tune?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds fun. I am going to get a tuner next. What the best one at the moment or should I have a shop do it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well you're gonna have to buy the programmer either way I believe, I use AccessPort from COBB and it's awesome. Then you could have a pro tuner make you a custom map on the dyno for a few hundred extra dollars, this is the best way of course. OTS maps are free from COBB and aren't too bad.
To answer your prevw question you won't see much gains at all until you have tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All Right, thanks a lot for the help. I will have to save up for that. I purchased those exhaust parts and am excited for the new sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKE1OackJBs
On their website it says that the race downpipe is illegal...why is this?

How do I know what "Stage" my car is at?

·
Registered
66 Posts
All Right, thanks a lot for the help. I will have to save up for that. I purchased those exhaust parts and am excited for the new sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKE1OackJBs
On their website it says that the race downpipe is illegal...why is this?
Its illegal if the downpipe is not catted. being a race downpipe it most likely isn't catted. Uncatted downpipes won't pass the yearly inspection but you could put your factory downpipe on before you take the car in for inspection. No cop is going to go under the car to see if your downpipe is legal or not if you're worrying about that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gotcha. Where I live we don't have inspections so I guess I'm good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Everyone looking to get a CAI but like a lot of you don't know what to go with since there are way too many choices out there. Ideally I'd like to stay under $300 but looking for best turbo sound for the money. I also have a Turbosmart 50/50 BOV and want to know if anyone has that set up with a CAI that makes a real great sound and feel. Help! Im too indecisive haha

I think I've narrowed my choices at the best prices I could find online:

1) K & N Typhoon CAI $229.99
-http://www.cjponyparts.com/13-14-focus-st-kn-typhoon-cold-air-intake-kit/p/693518TS/&utm_source=google&utm_medium=merchant&utm_campaign=shopping?gclid=CjwKEAjwgYKfBRDvgJeylem9xDUSJACjeQ7ANfCFVWzT9TxrjjUrH6xTnbb0LuE-cAlxUF5zpzdfBBoCMhvw_wcB

2) Roush Cold Air Intake Kit Focus ST 2013-2014 $279.99
Roush 421609 Focus ST Cold Air Intake Kit 2013

3) COBB CAI $299.99
COBB 791100 Focus ST 2013-2014 Cold Air Intake System

4) Injen CAI $307.00
Ford Focus ST Injen Cold Air Intakes SP9001P SP9001BLK

I also understand there are differences with Short RAM intakes vs full and wonder how much of a difference that really makes because the short arms look a lot easier to install. Love to hear the feedback!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts