Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ST enthusiasts,

I'm Andie from Yardley, PA approximately 45 minutes from Philly and 1 hr from The City - that being NYC. I've loved cars since I can remember. I'm coming from a 2004 WRX Prem, which I absolutely love but it's not the most practical car for an outdoorsy person. Seats don't fold down. Anyway, I will miss the car but I'm looking to purchase a performance hatch. I'm still on the fence, and considering: 1) Focus ST, 2) Golf R and 3) Volvo C30 R design w/KPAX.

So, I'm on this Forum to gather information, as well as on vwvortex for the Golf R. If I order an ST (which I'm inclined to do), it would likely be Oxford White, ST3 with sunroof. The chance to get Recaro seats is exciting.

Thanks!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Welcome aboard! Let us know what tid-bits you find on the Golf forum, and don't buy into the whole "OMG my ST3 isn't going to arrive until October of 2015 because of (enter problem here). LOL

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Like all your options
Keep us posted on your final choice

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great welcome. As far as waiting, I fine about it. Allows me to save more for the down payment. One thing I'll say about vwvortex, it's amazing how much folks spend on mods, $4,000+ on Recaros, and that's on the low end of spending. But, there is a lot of experienced folks on that forum. For the money, the Focus ST is a phenomenal package. I'm only hesitating because I love AWD.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Those are some great cars. Certainly different groups. The German crew has a quite a history. Getting an ST would be like buying the new GTi back in the day, getting in at the beginning. First new car I test drove was a white 83 GTi. I was pretty familiar with the Rabbit as my friend had a diesel. That car was sslllllooooowwww. But we spent many an hour in it and I have no memories of filling it up.

Welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts