Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an ST1 with standard SYNC (no touch or NAV), and my iPod (5th gen Nano) stopped working, this is the 3rd or 4th time it has happened, usually a master reset and fuse pull did the trick, but no such luck this time. Will either say unsupported device, or will connect after a few tries and I can access my music via the menu, but when I press OK to select the track, it does not play, the timer reads 0:00 and will not do anything else. Tried my wives Nano today, worked fine, also works with music on a USB stick. I am at a loss, I'm considering restoring the iPod, but don't want to have to fuss with putting all my music back on it if it is not going to work. Anyone else had this issue? I really don't want to go to Ford, and yes.. My SYNC software is up to date. And also my iPod will work via Line In... It is an issue with the USB. HELP! LOL:S

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well... I was unaware that there was a reset option on the iPod nano... ugh... reset it and now it works fine! Thank god I didn't have to take it into Ford... Cause I don't know about the rest of you... but taking my car to the dealer is just about as bad as going to the DMV.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Glad you figured it out. I hadn't thought of a reset on the device (versus a powercycle). A guy at work had issues where is iphone 6 would not charge. A hard reset fixed that this morning. My older ipod sits at home except for long trips because it doesn't power itself down when I shut the car off. I have to press and hold the play button until it powers off, and sometimes I even have to go into sub menus and hold down the button there. I just use a USB stick for my favorite tunes in the car for daily stuff. I should try a reset on the ipod!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah... i filled up a USB stick just in case the iPod reset didn't work, works pretty much the same, but I like the iPod cause I can set different EQ's and volume levels for each individual artist and genres. I have an ST1 with the plain ass 6 speaker stereo... Good overall sound, but no volume... I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more volume. So thinking some new speakers in the doors and possibly an amp, I'd love to go with an aftermarket head unit, but I don't want to lose my SYNC features, especially the blue tooth features such as hands free phone and being able to play music through my phone via youtube, pandora and what not. I love the new tech in my ST, but not a fan of it not being easily upgraded... all my other cars were a wire harness and face plate adapter and good to go! I've heard that you can go aftermarket and still use SYNC, but the prices for the hardware were ridiculous.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup... using the iPod... you can go to each individual track (or album) and select individual EQ's and sound level adjustments... SYNC gen 3 is out now... too bad there is no retrofit for our out of date crap Microsoft software... Aftermarket here I come!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts