Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
That's awesome news! There should be a flood of VINs coming!
Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ford ST
Drum roll, please.......The 2013 Focus ST has been approved to start shipping out of the Michigan Assembly Plant! - Lisa Schoder Focus ST US Brand Manager
Like · · Share · 81152 · 6 minutes ago ·

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Oh gosh. That means it's going to be here this or next week.

I hope this guy buys my car this weekend!
I understand the excitement, but you need a reality check. Have you posted on the tracking thread to get your own build week date? Remember that is not your build DAY...it is your scheduled build WEEK. You do realize the shipping process can take several weeks, and in some cases may exceed a month? At least wait until the status of your order shows it was received by the dealer's truck at the rail yard if the car you are selling is your only transportation.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Just sent an email to my dealership for an update. Waiting to hear back from Interceptor too.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I just set up a thread for tracking. I had done it the first day before it was sectioned off and got unscheduled - clean. keeping my fingers crossed that I have a date and VIN!

·
4,009 Posts
Dealer says they won't know until Friday. I wish I understood how It is that I ordered in the first week of May and still not be scheduled :(

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dealer says they won't know until Friday. I wish I understood how It is that I ordered in the first week of May and still not be scheduled :(
Did your dealer order a stock car?

·
4,009 Posts
I did the "pre order" thing. I asked if they ordered any dealer stock but didn't get an answer yet.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I did the "pre order" thing. I asked if they ordered any dealer stock but didn't get an answer yet.
I don't think order dates have much to do with "build-order" before scheduling occurs. The system goes through it looks for dealer stock first, then retail orders.

I bet the majority of dealers that placed a retail order also ordered a stock car, which would automatically bump the retail order to second in priority.

Bill, I'm sure you have a scheduled build week. It seems most of the stock cars (round 1) have been built and retail orders are starting (round 2).

·
Registered
99 Posts
I understand the excitement, but you need a reality check. Have you posted on the tracking thread to get your own build week date? Remember that is not your build DAY...it is your scheduled build WEEK. You do realize the shipping process can take several weeks, and in some cases may exceed a month? At least wait until the status of your order shows it was received by the dealer's truck at the rail yard if the car you are selling is your only transportation.
I understand that, but I'm also 10 miles from the assembly plant, and I didn't custom order one, I'm picking one up from the dealer lot.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
So are these dealer orders or preorders or both?
I know mine (ST3) is still a long way off, but I'm still excited to start seeing these on the road.
Jealous as all hell too :p

Via Tapatalk on iPhone

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't think order dates have much to do with "build-order" before scheduling occurs. The system goes through it looks for dealer stock first, then retail orders.

I bet the majority of dealers that placed a retail order also ordered a stock car, which would automatically bump the retail order to second in priority.

Bill, I'm sure you have a scheduled build week. It seems most of the stock cars (round 1) have been built and retail orders are starting (round 2).
I went through a long process before I ordered my ST. First I planned on buying a 2012 SE with the sport package then I ran out of time and tried to order a 2013 SE and found out the packages had changed. To make a long story short the dealer was very excited when I told him screw the regular focus and order me an ST. He already had a TS ST2 ordered but said that he would place my order with a higher priority. I don't know if he was blowing smoke up my ;) or what but he just told me yesterday that mine would be built the third week of September. I should have asked him when his was being built. :D

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Yes this is NEWS! Great to hear, this means I can go test drive one before snow hits MI.

:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts