Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to be the one to bring this up. But as an owner of a 14" ST with 26k miles, I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed. Not that the car does not perform well, but I have had to take it to the dealer several times for repairs... Items replaced on my ST so far... Fuel tank, fuel inlet tube, left side CV axle, sound symposer, both door pillar speakers, clutch return spring, driver mirror motor, rear seat mounting brackets, one rear hatch shock, and had to have rear right bodyside fender well refinished due to overspray from factory causing an unsettled defect in the finish which in turn "broke" off and exposed the bare metal creating a possible "rust situation". Sigh... I am a Ford employee, and I am treated well there, so as long as I am under warranty I will continue to stand by my companies products, but any issues after warranty are going to hinder my faith in the quality of Ford vehicles... And for the record... I am not at all connected with quality control at Ford, I am material handling and am only responsible for moving shit from point A to point B!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Howdy. Sorry to hear you continue to have issues. My '13 is at 29K mi. Only issues: sound symposer (repaired but still think it is not working, can live without it) and a couple recalls. I've had a couple headlamp errors over many months but no issues that I can find. Hopefully your issues are all in the past now. Did you get an extended warranty or can you? I skipped on that option and am hoping for many more trouble-free miles.

Would I trade in the ST? Possibly, for an RS! I don't need an RS, but it would be fun. The interior is almost identical though, and I don't have the spare cash for a larger payment and don't want to start the local excise taxes back at the top again (at a much lower rate with my 'old' ST now). Plus, my ST seems to be well built. Planning to keep going for one to a few years, TBD!

Best of luck hotach, really hoping you've gone through the issues and the car is good to go now.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very happy with my 13, just about to hit 50k. I've had the recalls done but I'm not the least bit happy with My Ford Touch or Sync. Went a couple of weeks with the nav not working, USB ports not working, then 3 days before going to the shop everything started working again. Has happened a few times

1 - 3 of 3 Posts