Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone ;)

Denise here, from Western Washington. You might see me zippin' around town or headin' up to the mountains or country for some hiking and outdoor fun. I commute way too far and traded in my 2006 Ford Lariat Crew Cab for my new baby - and yes, I lovingly and possessively refer to her as my baby. For example - "lovingly and possesively" - I freaked out tonight when my friend suggested I give the keys over to a valet attendant at a nice resturaunt in Seattle; I couldn't really get out of saying 'no' to the valet parking idea due to the circumstances. I swear, I thought about my baby so many times during dinner. I am convinced the valet attendants did 'something' / anything to her. I looked at their faces when I left and was conviced they were snickering/hiding something...I checked out every outside inch...couldn't find anything...I will never let a valet driver have her again - I couldn't stop thinking about her towards the end of dinner - I just had to get out there and find out if they messed anything up.

My obsession is in full swing. The only customization I have done so far is to add a "Ford Racing" license plate frame on the back end - lol. Hopefully, I can do some awesome customizations in the future. I was fortunate enough to be able to drive a brand new Ford GT Shelby Cobra 2009 for a little under a year. When I found out that the same guy who designed the new GT Shelby Cobra's also designed the Focus ST - I was so pumped. I can't afford the Shelby GT Cobra at all...so I am SUPER happy with my Focus ST. She's a different ride than the Cobra but similiar in many ways. When I traded in my truck for my Focus ST - the guys at the dealership, all of them - finance, manager, service techs ( and when I went in for 1st oil change) - they were all so happy for me. I knew I had picked a winner by their reactions. They told me to be careful a couple times with my speed and about getting tickets lol - and now I understand why. Thank goodness I know exactly where the normal speed traps are on my route to work when, a couple times I week, I let her fly a few MPH above the speed limit...just a few ...(wink wink) and pray there isn't a sneaky speed trap or undercover car to discover me.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your posts. I still see very few ST's on the road - it's kinda cool in a way. I saw the most awesome customized Focus ST last week. Hopefully I will see him around again sometime so I can snap a photo of his sweet customized ride.

See you 'round.

Denise B.

cellphone_SnoPark1.jpg

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome Denise! Congrats on the sweet ride!
Make use of the 'Valet' mode on the MFT next time you find yourself handing over your baby to a stranger, lessen any danger, and fear.
Good luck!

Reactions: DeniseB

·
Registered
615 Posts
Welcome Denise! Congrats on the sweet ride!
Make use of the 'Valet' mode on the MFT next time you find yourself handing over your baby to a stranger, lessen any danger, and fear.
Good luck!
Valet mode on MFT doesn't have anything to do with restricting the power from the engine only acts as a lock on some of the navigation info at best iirc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow - I wrote a short story above - thanks for stopping in and reading it haha! Today on my way to work I accidentally kicked her in to some high speed - lol I smiled when I realized what speed I was at. Anyone else have this problem on a regular basis like I do?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Wow - I wrote a short story above - thanks for stopping in and reading it haha! Today on my way to work I accidentally kicked her in to some high speed - lol I smiled when I realized what speed I was at. Anyone else have this problem on a regular basis like I do?
That happens especially when passing.

Sent from the jPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your valet story makes me think of Ferris Bueller .... anyone ...bueller anyone?

Good news is i still have the same thrill driving this car 18 months after purchase ...it is just so fun to drive.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
You can hit 80 too easily. On ramps and off ramps usually bring a smile to my face.

Welcome To The Nation

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There have been a few semi-formal events I've been to where either valet parking was the only thing available, or it was raining. In those cases, I drop off my date at the front door and tell the valet I will pay for valet parking, but I will park the car myself. I always keep a large golf umbrella in my car for such situations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts