Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a chance to install my OCC today. First off, make sure you allow 3-4 hours for the install (it took me 3 hours from start to finish). Second, follow most of Jamie's instructions to the letter. I did modify his instructions slightly. 1. for the stage 2 kit you have to cut in the check valve in a step further down the line, but did it in the beginning so I wasn't having to do it inside the engine bay. Also, per Jamie's instructions, the throttle body and cold pipe has to be removed, I found it easier to turn the TB/CP a quarter turn towards the driver's side to drop it out a little easier. Lastly....HAVE PATIENCE! This install isn't easy.

Note the oil on the TB, my car has just shy of 4K on the clock and there was a noticeable amount of oil.
63146_543463219663_1930439208_n.jpg

Here it is installed, without any of the hoses attached
67193_543463194713_233657310_n.jpg

All in all, the install was straight forward, just kinda tight in a few places. Instructions made everything easy and, as usual, shipping from Jamie was prompt and packed well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kinda...if you want to install their drain tube you have to make a hole in the tray that covers the bottom of the car. I used a box cutter to cut the hole.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Nice job man! Did you find oil in your intake like we did? I read another install that did.

No drilling required. A hole in the belly pan is needed if you want to run the drain hose out below but that is optional.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I know its off-topic, but Flametail, your sig has me perplexed. Its a bit unnerving. I have a TS ST, my brother has a blue FR-S (even though that's a BRZ). And I have a red 240sx convertible like the one in the background.

Are you my doppelganger? Do we have to fight to the death?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know its off-topic, but Flametail, your sig has me perplexed. Its a bit unnerving. I have a TS ST, my brother has a blue FR-S (even though that's a BRZ). And I have a red 240sx convertible like the one in the background.

Are you my doppelganger? Do we have to fight to the death?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I got a chance to install my OCC today. First off, make sure you allow 3-4 hours for the install (it took me 3 hours from start to finish).
Hmmm, sounds like I have a 6 pack project ahead of me in a couple weekends, especially since I plan on giving the car its first oil change and installing the 80 duro rear motor mount at the same time; all at about 1,000 miles. :LOL:

Hopefully my throttle body won't have too much oil in it at 1K. I've babied the car so far and haven't even hit full throttle or boost yet, so maybe I'll luck out. I only have had one wheel hop experience so far and that was due to launching a little hard in the wet to get out into traffic. I was surprised at how easy it spun up the tires just by dipping a little aggressively into the throttle when launching - I can't wait to try full throttle in this thing! :thumb:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome review!
Thanks. I'm trying to figure out an easy way to drain it. I followed JBR's instructions and drilled a hole in the belly pan. I would guess the only way to drain it like that and make use of the drain tube would be to take off the intake again. If I had an SRI, I could just take the filter off and reach it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
How often should you drain the catch can?
It all depends on how much (and hard) you drive. I check mine on every oil change (4-5k miles) and there's very little in there to empty out.

EDIT: I have a sight tube on mine as well so I can tell how full it is.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've got to vent some frustration here. How did you guys get the mother f****** quick connect hose to snap into the PCV hose?! I've been trying for 45 minutes now and gotten nowhere!!!!

One other thing that concerns me is the mounting of the can itself. It seems a bit flimsy. I'm hoping the belly pan braces against it otherwise I'll be rigging up a brace. There's a lot of flex and I fear that over time it may break the welds on the mount.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Put a little lubricant in the quick connect fitting, twist and push. The can will go nowhere once the hoses are connected. The bracket is plenty strong to hold it in place.

Relax and take your time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I guess I just needed to step away for a few.

Glad to hear about the mounting. I had hoped it would be braced further once the install is complete. Talk about a PITA though Ford. Lol. I bet you guys cursed like sailors during the design.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts