Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
To anyone that has installed this kit, be warned that the vacuum tube that connects the lower hose to the back of the intake manifold may shear off. This has caused me grief since Friday and I just got it fixed today.

463958_553696122843_781927519_o.jpg

This is the small vacuum hose from the OCC that attaches to the back of the intake. It sheared off and caused a HUGE vacuum leak. I replaced it with a piece of PCV vent hose from Auto Zone ($3). The new hose is reinforced where the broken one is just rubber. To anyone that is installing this kit, I suggest doing this!
...and
BTW, the intake is super easy to remove and my car idles better now than it did before...and driving without the tune SUCKS!

·
Registered
894 Posts
THanks for the warning and advice! What happened to shear off the hose?

My idle is pretty horrible. What did you do to improve it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
THanks for the warning and advice! What happened to shear off the hose?

My idle is pretty horrible. What did you do to improve it? Thanks!!
I'm not sure why it sheared off, I can only assume it could've been my install angle or I overtightened the hose clamp. I also don't known what I did to fix the idle, I just know it's more stable now.

Securing the lines with the included zip ties in order to eliminate any tugging should elevate this problem.
I have had them properly secured since I first installed the system.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
417 Posts
13324 on the car, 5600 miles on this oil. Here's what came out of the separator. I'd say it's doing it's job quite well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has any one fitted it as a stage 2 with the check valve, been scratching my head if I need it as well, was also looking at the Steeda oil separator but believe they do two different things, any one that can offer some advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Has any one fitted it as a stage 2 with the check valve, been scratching my head if I need it as well, was also looking at the Steeda oil separator but believe they do two different things, any one that can offer some advice would be greatly appreciated.
The stage 2 is meant for those that plan to tune and run more than stock boost. Otherwise the stage 1 kit is fine.

Oil separators do not work. They have been tried over the years and they simply do not do the job. They don't have the area required to pull oil out of suspension. They are also very small and freeze up quick from the rapid accumulation of condensation which will leave you with a poor running or non-running vehicle.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts