Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I got lucky. I had the new car itch last year after finishing nursing school, so I went to my local Ford dealership when the 2012 Focus came out. I was extremely close to buying a black SE with the sport package, but financially I didn't feel 100% comfortable so I backed out at the last minute. Also, I had a hunch that a sportier model was in the works, and decided to wait a while. Naturally, I was beyond excited when I read that Ford was building the Focus ST.

Fast forward to this past Thursday. I walked back in the to same dealership, sat down with the same salesman from a year prior, and told him that I wanted a Focus ST. I became a little worried when he told me that the dealership was only allocated one car--surely someone had stopped by and snatched it up. He walked away to check on availability, and returned 10 minutes later to inform me that indeed they were only going to be able to get 1 ST, but that it was mine if I wanted it! So naturally I said, "Hell yeah!", and proceeded to order an Oxford White ST with the ST2 package, smoke storm seats, and a moon roof. <insert Howard Dean scream here>

My previous car history includes a 1990 Ford Bronco II, a 1998 GMC Jimmy, and currently a 2003 corolla, so it would come as no surprise that the anticipation of owning a 2013 Focus ST is overwhelming. This will be my first proper sports car, and I feel like I made a great decision by going with the Focus ST. It's the perfect combination of class, exclusivity, performance, and practicality. Unfortunately, I'm about to embark on the longest 12 weeks of my life!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congrats, this is definately going to be the longest 2-3 months of any our lives :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Why didn't you custom order one? You may get it sooner.

Well, I got lucky. I had the new car itch last year after finishing nursing school, so I went to my local Ford dealership when the 2012 Focus came out. I was extremely close to buying a black SE with the sport package, but financially I didn't feel 100% comfortable so I backed out at the last minute. Also, I had a hunch that a sportier model was in the works, and decided to wait a while. Naturally, I was beyond excited when I read that Ford was building the Focus ST.

Fast forward to this past Thursday. I walked back in the to same dealership, sat down with the same salesman from a year prior, and told him that I wanted a Focus ST. I became a little worried when he told me that the dealership was only allocated one car--surely someone had stopped by and snatched it up. He walked away to check on availability, and returned 10 minutes later to inform me that indeed they were only going to be able to get 1 ST, but that it was mine if I wanted it! So naturally I said, "Hell yeah!", and proceeded to order an Oxford White ST with the ST2 package, smoke storm seats, and a moon roof. <insert Howard Dean scream here>

My previous car history includes a 1990 Ford Bronco II, a 1998 GMC Jimmy, and currently a 2003 corolla, so it would come as no surprise that the anticipation of owning a 2013 Focus ST is overwhelming. This will be my first proper sports car, and I feel like I made a great decision by going with the Focus ST. It's the perfect combination of class, exclusivity, performance, and practicality. Unfortunately, I'm about to embark on the longest 12 weeks of my life!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I should have clarified that it was a custom order. The way the salesman first explained it to me made it sound like their only ST was already on the way to the lot, but that wasn't the case. So I was able to order exactly what I wanted.

Edit: And he said 10-12 weeks for delivery, but the sooner the better!

·
Registered
29 Posts
...I became a little worried when he told me that the dealership was only allocated one car...
Did the salesman say they were only allocated one car of the intitial shipment? I'm a little confused. Lisa has said repreatedly the Focus ST is not a limited production vehicle. Ford will make all they get orders for. Dealers may have few on their lots, but Ford says they'll be glad to make one for anyone who wants one. I have to assume the salesman meant they're getting one in the initial shipment, but then later on they'll be able to get all they can sell.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think dealers are only getting one allocated to "sit" on the lot for test drives/sale. However having one ordered and shipped is different.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the salesman say they were only allocated one car of the intitial shipment? I'm a little confused. Lisa has said repreatedly the Focus ST is not a limited production vehicle. Ford will make all they get orders for. Dealers may have few on their lots, but Ford says they'll be glad to make one for anyone who wants one. I have to assume the salesman meant they're getting one in the initial shipment, but then later on they'll be able to get all they can sell.
I was so excited about ordering the car that I may have missed some of the details, but he made it sound like they could only get one 2013 model. Perhaps that only applies to the initial shipment. However, they did say that Ford was being selective with how many cars they were allocating to each dealership. Maybe they were feeding me a bunch of BS. Either way, I'm happy to be able to get the exact car that I wanted!

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Congrats, this is definately going to be the longest 2-3 months of any our lives :)
been waiting for this car for years....! welcome to the Nation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts