Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tips for keeping my car safe? It'll be constantly parked outside, since I don't have a garage...

The area is safe, I'm just worried about it constantly being out in the snow, rain, sun, etc. I'd assume it should be fine, but is there anything extra I should do to keep it safe?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Use a quality wax/polish like Zaino or Adam's often with quality microfiber and 100% USA terry cloth towels, not the stuff you buy at autzone either.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
use a car cover , i will buy one
I don't really want to get a car cover but...

Use a quality wax/polish like Zaino or Adam's often with quality microfiber and 100% USA terry cloth towels, not the stuff you buy at autzone either.
...I'll definitely be picking up lots of nice cleaning chemicals/wax.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I covered my current car for the first 6 years I had it. Then I got all "what's the point". I'll probably buy a fitted cover the same time I buy the car, but it will have to NOT say ST. Not a good idea to advertise something that's more valuable than a plain silhouette would suggest :)

Garage space is much to valuable to waste on a mere car.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Not sure what your parking environment or budget is, but if you can afford it, and you don't have to park in a public lot, something like this should help alleviate many of the negative effects of the weather over time...

10x20 Round Top Auto Shelter

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure what your parking environment or budget is, but if you can afford it, and you don't have to park in a public lot, something like this should help alleviate many of the negative effects of the weather over time...

10x20 Round Top Auto Shelter
When I say it'll be outside all the time, I just mean for the first 6 months of owning it (hopefully).

So no, I don't want a tent :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Get a trunk monkey...
Haha! I love those commercials, and they happen to come from a local dealership!

A friend of mine bought his Raptor from Suburban Auto Group in March and I was going to pre-order my ST from them, however a dealership much closer to my side of town matched their offer. I chose the closer of the two, as another friend of mine has had good luck with them and I'm hoping it might get me better service should I need it.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Amen Rev. Never park under a tree, no matter how hot it is outside. Get your windows tinted and/or use a sunshade, but do not park under a tree.

·
Registered
148 Posts
...Oh yea.. and sometimes the tree itself falls over too..
That was the end of my 92 Integra. My car was the ONLY casualty in Gainesville, FL from Hurricane Erin in '95. A big freakin live oak dropped a branch bigger than most trees on top of my car. The branch was 3 feet in diameter. I miss that Integra. :(

So, yeah, don't park under trees (although my car is parked under one right now, so who am I to say).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts