Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hi, not sure if you mean you can't unlock the door by touching the inside of the door handle with the FOB nearby? If that is the issue, my 2013 ST3 handles come and go depending on moisture, temperature, and maybe other factors. Sometimes the driver handle doesn't work but the rear passenger handle will work for me to unlock (I have the car set up to unlock all doors if one door is unlocked). It sounds like your FOB itself is working when you press the buttons on it and I assume you can start the car with it. You could try replacing the battery in the FOB too but you should get an error on the dashboard if the FOB is not communicating well. I've had to replace batteries in my FOBs at least once so far, maybe twice. Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As Zulujams said try replacing the key fob battery. Remove the access cover and emergency key then the fob will snaps open. The dealer can also reprogram the keys to the car if necessary. There is a Ford TSB for door handle sensor that solves the moisture issue that involves dissembling the handle and spraying the sensor with SONAX Polymer.

Good Luck

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts