Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wondering how the keyless access in the ST works. I know how it works, in general, but does anyone know where the key goes in cases when the battery is dead?

My parent's BMW X5 has the same thing, and there's a little slot next to the start button to place the key to recharge. Haven't seen this in any ST pictures.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The Battery needs to be replaced. In general, you have a real key in your "electronic key". with that you can open the door and remove the cover for the real key. that what i know from my fathers Mondeo /Fusion.

I do not know if this information fits also to the Focus.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Yes, your info is correct. There are covers on the dor locks and ignition. If necessary, the can be removed and the key that is hidden in the fob can be used to both open the door, and start the car.

Reactions: STephan

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, your info is correct. There are covers on the dor locks and ignition. If necessary, the can be removed and the key that is hidden in the fob can be used to both open the door, and start the car.
Ah, alright. Makes sense.

Hopefully the battery lasts long enough, I love keyless access.

·
Registered
373 Posts
The battery lasts for a few years at a time. I've used the same key in my Infiniti for 2 years now and haven't had to replace the battery. BMW is the only manufacturer that I'm aware of that offers automatic recharging of the key fob. Infinitis have a similar system with a slot (by your left knee as the driver, right below the trunk release and button to disable traction control), but it doesn't recharge anything.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Had my keyless system malfunction in my Titanium. Had to replace the sensors and receiver. Never heard of it happening to anyone else.

On the go - Via TapTalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts