Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for posting this! Now on to the "stupid question". I am keeping my stepson's Ford ST while he is away in the service. We had a very cold winter which has zapped the car battery. I opened up the FOB to use the hidden key to open the door only to find the key is not there. Is there any other way to open the car? I am hoping to get it started and get the battery replaced. I will call Ford if I have to but was hoping there was some faster way to gain entry. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sorry NavyRadman, no one seems to know so far. My only thoughts are to check both keys and maybe the metal emergency key is in one of the two FOBs. Not sure why one doesn't have it present. You may try replacing the battery in one of the FOBs as maybe that is dead also. I've had to replace both FOB batteries for my 2013 ST. To replace the FOB battery, search through the forum or Google it--I recall it taking some patience to get the FOB open without scratching it up too bad. A dealer visit or locksmith may be the only options left. Let us know how you make out, thanks.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts