Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Downhill canyon run in a 2014 Focus ST fitted with the Mountune MP275 Performance Package. Filmed on Latigo Canyon in Malibu CA with a GoPro Hero 3 Black (720 wide with 120 FPS) and a Zoom H1 Digital Audio Recorder mounted to the left side of the license plate.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I really prefer uphill on those roads. Largely because I like passing FRSes. It is just so much fun feeling the pull going uphill on Latigo, Las Flores, Rambla Pacifica, Saddle Peak, Stunt, etc.

Edit: Come to think of it, what I like about downhill, is lift off oversteer. You can do it uphill, but you've got gravity working against you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really prefer uphill on those roads. Largely because I like passing FRSes. It is just so much fun feeling the pull going uphill on Latigo, Las Flores, Rambla Pacifica, Saddle Peak, Stunt, etc.

Edit: Come to think of it, what I like about downhill, is lift off oversteer. You can do it uphill, but you've got gravity working against you.
Decker was pretty good as well, didn't film it just drove it. I'm a huge fan of GMR and Angeles Crest when I get a chance to get up in LA. In Orange County it's Ortega Highway and my favorite drive in San Diego is Sunrise Highway heading up to Mount Laguna from the 79. Perfect fast sweepers not too technical but a lot of fun!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.