361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Order: 9/28
Window sticker available: 12/17
Build Date: 12/21 (via window sticker)
Ship: 1/5?
ETA: 1/15
Arrive at dealership (California):

In case anyone's collecting data for order / build / ship times.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was estimating 2-3 weeks shipping time to California. Also, I assume there's a factory shutdown for the holidays. I'm not sure when it'll actually roll off the line.

(Which would I rather have: the one that gets rushed out the door before a break, or the one the plant has to use as a warm-up to get back into the swing of things? :))

As the day gets closer, I get less satisfied with my old car.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends on Winter Storm Gandolf, it seems. I knew I should have been rooting for Saruman.

Kind of fun to imagine the train rolling down the path of the old transcontinental railroad. (I-80, more or less.)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took possession today. It did in fact arrive at the dealer late Tuesday night. They had it prepped Wednesday, but that wasn't a good day for me.

All the expected pieces are there, no extra pieces, panels all aligned, including the hood. The only issue from the "usual suspects" list is a tight (zero clearance) fit at top of the driver's side taillight. Dealer will be looking at it tomorrow to see what they can do.

Thanks to the assembly team at MAP. They get a lot of grief on various forums, but this one looks good, even though it was out the door on a Friday before a holiday.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I took possession today. It did in fact arrive at the dealer late Tuesday night. They had it prepped Wednesday, but that wasn't a good day for me.

All the expected pieces are there, no extra pieces, panels all aligned, including the hood. The only issue from the "usual suspects" list is a tight (zero clearance) fit at top of the driver's side taillight. Dealer will be looking at it tomorrow to see what they can do.

Thanks to the assembly team at MAP. They get a lot of grief on various forums, but this one looks good, even though it was out the door on a Friday before a holiday.
Congrats man. Yours may have straddled the holiday like mine. Mine went on the line 12/24 (even though the sticker says 12/22) and it was finished on 1/2. So I came to the conclusion that it sat "naked" on the line from Christmas Eve night until the morning of the 2nd. I don't quite think my hood fit is right, but once it gets unburried tomorrow from this snow, I'm going to make measurements. Will be going to dealer on Sat to get the front license bracket put on.

But its good to meet another driver from the "holiday build" cohort (along with zulujams and jimlam). We all need to keep comparing notes. Enjoy.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You could be right. The dealer said shipping was normally around ten days, so it could well have been finished after they brought the factory back up.

What is the proper measurement for the hood gap? I've never seen a spec. I'm just eyeballing it for evenness and whether or not it looks like it matches pictures here (a little tricky, since the shadow angle and color make a difference).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.