Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke to a dealer (about the 4th dealer I've talked to about the ST), and this is the first time that someone has said that there was a limit by region. This dealer said that only 30 were coming to new england, which somehow includes NJ, NY, and New England proper.

Anyone else hear this or is it total BS?

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I would say that is total BS. That would mean that 10% of the allocated ST's were already ordered from the three of us just in CT.

Which dealer's? Where are you located?

Ford has stated numerous times that they will build as many as ordered and there are no allocation limits.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
My dealer in upstate NY is well over their allocation then

On the go - Via TapTalk

Reactions: ATX Eric

·
Registered
869 Posts
I just spoke to a dealer (about the 4th dealer I've talked to about the ST), and this is the first time that someone has said that there was a limit by region. This dealer said that only 30 were coming to new england, which somehow includes NJ, NY, and New England proper.

Anyone else hear this or is it total BS?
As him how many U.S. regions there are and make him do the math. Sounds like about 300 cars are being produced for the States. Maybe he's unsure what a Shelby Cobra looks like and is mixing it up with the Focus ST. Hope springs eternal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
My dealer said the same thing, as did a couple others when I asked about the car -- it's their reason for not honoring X-Plan. I guess I should feel lucky that I'm not paying more than MSRP.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, seemed like BS (but would explain why they can't seem to get that 1000 pre-orders). This was Drum Hill Ford in Lowell, MA. None of the other 4 dealers within 40 miles said that, so don't know what they were on. Thanks for the validation guys :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
just a quick search on my phone renders no less than 15 ST's for sale at this time, most of which are in the New England area........

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dealers are given allocations that establish the priorities that they get when the place orders for cars. When I ordered our 2012 Focus in May of 2012 they told me 5-6 weeks for delivery and I picked up the car 5 weeks and 1 day after I placed the order. Other folks had ordered theirs weeks before from different dealers and didn't get them until after mine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks guys, seemed like BS (but would explain why they can't seem to get that 1000 pre-orders). This was Drum Hill Ford in Lowell, MA. None of the other 4 dealers within 40 miles said that, so don't know what they were on. Thanks for the validation guys :D
I ordered mine from Franklin Ford (Franklin MA) not only did they take the xplan with no hems and haws - they were glad to take my order.

·
Registered
862 Posts
The dealer I ordered from in Upstate NY had 2 ordered in the first week of May. I think we can account for 30 of them on this site, as there are a ton of north-easterners here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Some of these dealerships are insane. Don't they realize this is the age of the internet? There are probably a dozen Ford dealers within a 2 hour drive from where my arse sits at this very moment. I'd be willing to bet at least 3 of those are ready, willing and able to offer x-plan pricing right now. I ordered mine through my fiancee's uncle at a small dealership about 100 miles away so I am all set. But if I didn't have that setup, I feel confident that I could get the right price somewhere else.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would think that this is only speaking of the dealer allocated/ordered cars for the start of production. Anyone can order a car from the dealer and I think that depending on how the car sales go the limited number or cars per region may increase.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HAHA this is the same story I got from a dealer in San Diego he said he couldnt go any lower than sticker price which was already close to 30 on an ST2 because STs are a limited production similar to GT500s the next dealer told me he had no problem ordering one for a little over 25k The internet is a great tool against these cons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts