Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Played a gig last nite and went outside between sets for a break. And there she was, TS colored foci setting rite next to my speed 3. Went back inside got on the mic and asked who was driving the St. Me and the guy went back outside and was talkin about the car. I asked him a few questions about the hood gap and the the HIDs.. He said the front fascia was redone to close up that hood gap. The one he was driving still had the gap but that car was a early PP car. Also I asked about the HIDs having the blacked out bezel and he said no they didn't. Something to do with goverment regs.. Was hoping they were blacked out seeing I ordered ST3.. o well we get punked again on the cool goodies.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Also I asked about the HIDs having the blacked out bezel and he said no they didn't. Something to do with goverment regs.. Was hoping they were blacked out seeing I ordered ST3.. o well we get punked again on the cool goodies.
This is odd because it isn't the first time I've heard this... and the first time was from a guy who makes the lights. However, Lisa has said multiple times that the ST will have the tinted bezels. I'm not sure who to trust at this point, lol.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
The bezels are black. They are also black on the Titanium models being sold right now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I hope your right about that although every pic I've seen of a north american car has clear HIDs. Fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the guy seemed like he had no desire to talk cars. Also said the car was loaded but when I sit in it it was a ST1. Wtf

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
He know very little re specifics.

My brother in law worked for Ford as an exec. He was able to sign out any Ford for a drive including the GT40 until someone wrapped one of those around a pole showing off.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Like Peter said, Lisa has said numerous times that they will be smoked, not clear. And the HID's on the ST3's at the Performance Academy were very dark lenses. Not sure what PP run they were though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Like Peter said, Lisa has said numerous times that they will be smoked, not clear. And the HID's on the ST3's at the Performance Academy were very dark lenses. Not sure what PP run they were though.
I spent some time talking to one of the guys at The Performance Academy. I remember being told the cars there were TTs(???) which are earlier than PP cars. I also mentioned the headlights and the hood gap. The headlights will be dark similar to the titaniums and he said the hood gap would be addressed. I guess time will tell.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Unfortunately, I think this is what the "hold" is on the ST3's. A supplier was supposed to supply the smoked lenses and they supplied clear ones. Lisa hasn't said this yet, but I heard from a pretty reliable source that this is what happened.
Best Theory to date on this delay

·
Registered
547 Posts
Unfortunately, I think this is what the "hold" is on the ST3's. A supplier was supposed to supply the smoked lenses and they supplied clear ones. Lisa hasn't said this yet, but I heard from a pretty reliable source that this is what happened.
I'm thinking this is correct as well! Last week when I was checking out a red ST3 and noticed it had non blacked out HID's on a MP1 build. I was so busy, I didn't have a chance to enquire about it before shutdown. IMG_20120626_193342.jpg

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks. Yes, I did notice that.
That car was beautiful! I wish I had enough balls to own a red car! lmao The interior had final trim pieces in it. Very nice fit n finish! I'll tell you though, those lights bothered me for a few days! lol I think the pieces to this ST3 puzzle are starting to come together.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
^^It's great that you can give us the inside scoop.
Yes the clear lenses are just WRONG
What do they do with MP1s?

·
Registered
547 Posts
^^It's great that you can give us the inside scoop.
Yes the clear lenses are just WRONG
What do they do with MP1s?
Not sure with MP1's. Maybe sell them. Any builds before that are usually destroyed for testing. Performance academy cars likely will be destroyed.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
:eek::thumbd: :cry:

1 - 20 of 73 Posts