Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
I worked at the plant that the GT40 accident happened. Chief engineer was giving the head of HR a ride. He lost it and took out a pole in the parking lot. The head of HR was a pretty good looking woman and we joked he was getting a bjer which is what caused the accident. lol

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Reactions: MDeCillis

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
If you throw on rims like this, what happens with tire pressure monitor sensors etc? Is that a problem?
Good question
They are the stock wheel for the ST-R though, so I would think it's a easy switch.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I worked at the plant that the GT40 accident happened. Chief engineer was giving the head of HR a ride. He lost it and took out a pole in the parking lot. The head of HR was a pretty good looking woman and we joked he was getting a bjer which is what caused the accident. lol
We used it as yard car after that! lol

·
Registered
786 Posts
If you throw on rims like this, what happens with tire pressure monitor sensors etc? Is that a problem?
They should be using a setup similar to this (at least on other foci they do)...

Called a snap-in systemm they mount to the back of the valve stem, easier to swap.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Yup. Bought a set for my winter tires on eBay with the programming tool included.

On the go - Via TapTalk

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys, check out my latest thread, 3 ST's in lansing, MI. I have a link to pictures I was able to take when there were 3 ST's in my town.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I do know that aftermarket rims will get you a "tire pressure monitor fault" code until you take your ride to a dealership to have it fixed or reprogrammed. My dad has a 2012 superduty that it happened to.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Since people are talking about the aftermarket rims and tire pressure sensors, how easy are they to remove and reinstall if you're just powdercoating the rims?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I believe they are easily transferable so I'm sure removal is okay. From what I heard, not entirely sure, it's the reprogramming for different wheels that is tricky.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts