Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, thanks to all that respond! I live in a city of 200,00 not far from Michigan. I'm being vague here as to not throw my local dealer under the bus, but they really seem out of touch with what everyone is posting here. I don't really care about being one of the first 1000 orders, but they are saying the ST will be limited to large markets (LA, NY Chicago, etc.) and haven't really responded as it seems alot fo your dealers have. I realize the actual purchase timeframe is some months away, but I've been eyeing this model for sometime and would just like some suggestions as to go about it. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Perhaps my mistake was originally looking at the Escape and that's what they want to sell me, from their lot of course. Tomorrow I'll take the build sheet that I printed from Ford's website to the other Ford dealer in town where I bought my Mustang. If I get the same story there, I'll be back...

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
That's just crazy! I ordered mine from a "small town" dealer. One of the first orders in as far as I know since I ordered on day one.

Find another dealer. If they can't be bothered to place your order I agile what else they can't be bothered with.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dealerships don't know shit about cars that haven't been released yet.

Fans that follow the cars on the internet, forums, etc always have more information than the dealerships do.

I always recommend establishing a relationship with someone you find to be the most trustworthy at a few diff dealerships. See who wants your business the most and keeps you in the loop. You're not only buying the car, you're buying the dealership. You will be much happier giving your business to someone that makes an effort to keep you informed even if what they tell you is old news. Chances are it is not old to them because they don't live on the forums like some of us. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I should've known when, in my discussion about the car, I know more about it then they. That's understandable I guess, but their response to me seemed real odd. Of course I wasn't sure if there would be a limited build of this model. From reading the posts here though suspected something wasn't "right". Thanks to all of you and your posts and this forum!

·
Registered
908 Posts
I should've known when, in my discussion about the car, I know more about it then they. That's understandable I guess, but their response to me seemed real odd. Of course I wasn't sure if there would be a limited build of this model. From reading the posts here though suspected something wasn't "right". Thanks to all of you and your posts and this forum!
I feel like every time I go anywhere to buy anything I always end up knowing more than the salesperson... I've got mine ordered in Grand Rapids, not what I'd call a "large market". Any dealer should be able to order the ST without any problem.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I feel like every time I go anywhere to buy anything I always end up knowing more than the salesperson... I've got mine ordered in Grand Rapids, not what I'd call a "large market". Any dealer should be able to order the ST without any problem.
I lived in Grand Rapids before I moved here. I would call Grand Rapids a large market ;) I am in Charleston WV now and even though it is the capitol of this state it is really a small town.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I lived in Grand Rapids before I moved here. I would call Grand Rapids a large market ;) I am in Charleston WV now and even though it is the capitol of this state it is really a small town.

But I just realized, the original poster (Whoanelli), lives in Madison (or so it says). I feel like that be a pretty equal market to GR.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I printed out the "order/reservation" sheet from Ford's own website. I'm going to the other dealership today and will see what they say. It would seem they need to at least pay a little attention to that at least versus the total blow-off and bait and switch I received yesterday. I just don't understand how so many people are getting somewhere whereas I'm getting absolutely nowhere....

·
Registered
5 Posts
well I live in a average size town here. my dealership knows alot at the ST. the only thing they dont know is when it is getting here

·
Registered
21 Posts
[QUOTE= they are saying the ST will be limited to large markets (LA, NY Chicago, etc.)

Our population here is 3500 in town, maybe 6500 in the zip code. The whole county is under 20,000. I placed my order on May 2 with my local dealer, and yes I had more info than they did, but it only took a couple of minutes for them to find the order page on their computer. My order is confirmed and I'm getting the camera, in this "large" market. Run to another dealer, one who actually wants your business. Can't understand why some dealers just don't want to sell cars. A young lady who works for us just went to the Chrysler dealer across the street, talked to a salesman who shops in our store regularly, and he talked down to her, said he wouldn't show her the car she wanted to look at until she had qualified for financing, and told her not to get her hopes up. And he's supposedly their top salesman. Needless to say I've referred her to the Ford dealer here and the salesman I deal with regularly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I printed out the "order/reservation" sheet from Ford's own website. I'm going to the other dealership today and will see what they say. It would seem they need to at least pay a little attention to that at least versus the total blow-off and bait and switch I received yesterday. I just don't understand how so many people are getting somewhere whereas I'm getting absolutely nowhere....
Don't get discuraged . I would also suggest e-mailing a few dealers not so close to home also. You might score a better deal 1/2-1 hour away from where you live .No worries , you can take it to your hometown dealer for warranty work(hopefully not needed) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
An update from my 6/25 post....

You know, the one about my local dealer not being of much help? Well, they responded as if they "could" be looking into it, but their response is still, "We talked to Chicago (whatever that means, some sort of regional rep. type of thing) and they can't gurantee we'll get any ST's." They are comapring this car to a GT500, re: availability. They did say, "Come on in and we'll appraise your trade and then wait, etc. etc." I know some other people have commented on the same type of response so we share the mystery I guess. Meanwhile I'm going to test drive the first Veloster Turbo that I see and who knows after that. Patience is a virtue in this town...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Remember, you can direct Ford to deliver the vehicle pretty much anywhere you want (I think -- correct me if I'm wrong, everyone), so if there's another dealer outside your local area, it might be worth a look. Hell, I'll turn you on to my sales rep in Waukesha if you want, he's exceeded my expectations so far. I'm sure he'd love another ST sale, and maybe we could negotiate a volume discount or something to boot :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would appreciate that info. It just seems "funny" that in my state's second largest market, it's not possible. Now I know there's not going to be a car hauler pull up to the dealership with 10 ST's on it. But, it would seem, that the dealership should be able to "reserve one" or "make a call" or however you want to put it. I mean it's not like I'm in the boondocks somewhere. Heck I'd be happy to e-mail Henry Ford himself if that would help....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would appreciate that info. It just seems "funny" that in my state's second largest market, it's not possible.
Well, when I first inquired about my car I was told that not many dealerships would be able to order STs, so it makes some sense that your local dealer would equate its availability with the other 'specialty' cars. But yeah, I'd think that the second-largest market in the state would have better access to the ST, or at least to more information / resources than they seem to have.

I'll check with my guy to see if multiple orders are possible and let you know.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts