Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually use Rainx but it would be nicer if I didn't have to reapply it so often. While looking at some replacements, I came across to what was described as "nanotechnology" replacements for Rain-x, which are supposed to be similar to Rainx but last up to a year. Which would be great if it was true.

Anybody have any sort of experience with this type of long lasting glass sealant product? It's kind of hard to find reviews on these products.

Examples: Detailer's Glass Coating, Nano-diamond shield, Opti-Glass Coating

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
When I had my ST detailed by a real professional a little over a year ago, I had the windows coated with Nanolex Ultra Glass Sealant. It has mostly faded now, but it lasted a long time and definitely helps release contaminates (mostly bugs) during a maintenance wash or quick detail. Even during a heavy rainstorm, if I'm traveling above 40mph there is no need for the windshield wipers...the water just runs off.

As it is about time for me to get the glass coated again, I'll be checking whether there are any better options now. I really like all of the Optimum products I've used and will be researching Opti-Glass among others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used Chemical Guys M Seal on my windows. I'm positive you can use any paint sealant on glass as well. M Seal is a nanotech formulation.

Opticoat is another good option, if you want to spend the extra money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered G1 Gtechniq. It's supposed to last for 2 years/30k miles. I doubt it, but we'll see about that. It has gotten some good reviews, though I've never heard of the company before. I'll update the thread once I have it applied.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I went to the Edmonton Auto Show a couple years back. A detailing shop in the city had a booth set up showing how G1products work. I think I'll be applying their paint coating this spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts