Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking around and doing some homework I think the package I would look for is the ST2. However I would like to try and talk my way to get the HID lights added on. Is it possible to get bits from other packages or are they set in stone? Also looking at what people are getting for the ST2 package I was hoping to try and get one for around $26,000 is this realistic in your opinion? Finally this will be my first time going after a new car from a dealership what are some words of wisdom from some of you vets? Is there a good strategy to try to get near my target price?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Sadly HIDs are not available as a stand alone option, must upgrade to ST3 to get them.

Any other options other than the ST2 package? $26,000 should be doable with a bit of work.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Lots of good info if you look under the Focus ST tab near the top. Pricing dealer invoice all that good stuff.

Re the lighting swap. I think there will be many of us wanting to do it it's a matter of how much and how. There isn't any option to add those items on from the dealer at this time.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
HID lights are unfortunately not a stand-alone option.

I was able to get the ST2 package for $25,500 (MSRP is $26,880). I would suggest getting together as much information as possible and this forum is a very good resource for that. Print off the Ford order guide and use that as a baseline. Build your ST on Ford's website and bring that along with you. If you have access to pre-approval for financing bring that in as well. Also, you should have worked out how much you are willing to spend including Tax, Title, Registration and what monthly payment you'll be comfortable with.

I would not even walk into a dealer without calling them first and asking them if it is possible to order a Ford Focus ST. If they have any information, then it is a sure bet they are willing to work with you. If they do not and aren't willing to find out, then go somewhere else.

Items to bring with you:
Ford Focus ST Order Guide, Link: http://fordstnation.com/2013my-focus-st-pl315-price-list.pdf-1251d1335820762/c-attachment/
Ford Focus ST Build
Pre-Approval for Financing
Personal Budget

Get them to give you their best price, then you may be able to work with them. I asked the salesman for an offer before I went in, then when I saw that it was a good offer, I told them if they could get it to 25,500 then I would order. Well, he said yes, and I ordered it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the input so far I appreciate your help I feel like such a green horn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts