Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this car is maf or map sensor? I have a brand new snow Meth kit that is Maf controlled that was going to go on the lightning but I decided not since I'm selling it. Seems like a logical first mod since its just sitting here collecting dust. If its Mar I should be able to trade in my Maf controller for a map controller.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it would make sense thats its maf, but who knows. i hope its maf. it might be the new version like the 11+ mustang uses but either way I can make the meth injection work with it. just need to order some smaller nozzles and im in! ought to be fun to see what can be done with meth and tuning. just hope my "meth lab" dont blow up... lol

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Yep... all systems whether MAF or SDC have limitations but MAF uses that annoying sensor configuration that often limits maximum potential iarflow and the simple fact that the dyanmics of airflow change over velocity/time . You have to see it in your mind as there are 'zones' of varying density that change location in the intake tract in relationship to the velocity of the inbound air. These 'zones' move around and over the MAF sensor giving false readings. Then, there is the ratio of tolerance. +- tolerances are not the same for all velocities.

They are annoying, yes, but so are most things.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It has a MAF to read intake airflow and most likely has a MAP sensor to determine manifold pressure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but why are people buying Bypass/Blow-Off valves that vent to the atmosphere if we have a MAF & MAP system? I've had serveral turbo cars (1.8TVW, 2.0TVW, 2.3T Mazda) that have both a MAF to meter air and a MAP to measure manifold pressure. If your dumping air out of the system that has already been metered, the computer is going to see that you now have less air in the system. I've seen cars stutter between shifts, or have laggy boost between shifts because the computer is trying to figure out what happened. You won't throw a code, but it's something to think about. To me atleast it's not woth the louder WOOSH.

·
Registered
768 Posts
This is a MAP system. A BOV or aftermarket BPV would not hurt the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts