The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
358 Posts
yes i do :)

10 speaker MUST be 9.1 :)

i worte again saturday night to Ford an email. if i did not get an email next days, i will ask at the Ford Deutschland Facebook people!

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get those questions to me, and I will ask my contacts here :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
got an reply today.

"please be patient until we´ve released the product-press-documents" we will send you one if its avaiable"

so, they know nothing or they did not want to say anything.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I was reading on Focaljet that there will be a information update for Ford dealers tomorrow, the 1st. Meaning the dealers will have new info on the car, and possibly a ordering book ect.

If that is true, then we might want to look at Ford.com tomorrow or this evening to see if they add the "Build a Focus ST" part on the site.

We will have to wait and see... this car seems like a big secret....

---
IF there is such a update, HP our PR guy does email me all information they pipe through on the media.ford.com site before about SVT (Performance Cars). If there is this update, I will know about before the greater world does...

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hope!
fully!

:)

edit: i have a really bad feeling regarding EU market...."bad gut feeling" can be the right translation..
*Hopefully :) BTW you are doing great with the English. After visiting this place for months, you will most likely see an improvement in those skills. :D

Stephen,

I see no reason to having this feeling. Honestly speaking, I think your market may get a few options that the NA market may not get. Think positive, and don't build any hopes any around this car until we know what we are getting for sure.

·
Registered
358 Posts
thanks chad, i do my very best in english. i´m working for an the german branch of a british company. so i´ve to speak english some time. it´s a learning by doing and reading, i guess ;)

the reason for my feeling is based on facts. your ford focus titanium is deliverd with myFord Touch/Sync which is still not available since release in march 2011. :(
same is for sony sound-system. you can´t get premium sound system with sub here...
but we have the autobahn :p

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I don't mean to be the only pessimist on the site, but...

The Focus ST isn't "supposed" to be released until late 2012 right?
There are at least three vehicles that are going to be released earlier according to Ford's website. The Taurus, Mustang, and Escape are the most mainstream to be launched in the spring. Thats anywhere between 2-3 months away, yet there are no build and price websites. The Fusion and C-Max line is out in the fall. Again, no build and price websites. Now, I am assuming that late 2012 means after fall or that they really have no idea when it'll be out.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that we won't find out anymore until April/May after these vehicles go on sale. I don't mean to be cynical of the people at Ford, but I'll believe it when I see it. I would be fan #1 if they released more info this week, but it just doesn't seem realistic.

Dan

·
Registered
358 Posts
Get those questions to me, and I will ask my contacts here :)
so here the questions that she already had:

will Sync/Myford Touch available on release in EU market?
will it supply DAB+?
will a sony 9.1 be avaiable in EU market?
smokey rears in EU market?
whats happend with the cool leather interior?
gear knob without ST-Logo?
Will different "styles" be available like carbon interior or only black...

I know these questions are very detailed. so its up to you to forward them or not :)

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Stephen

HP, is not going to be working with Ford any more. I just emailed the head PR guy (Craig) to see who I will be interfacing with. When I get that information then I can forward the questions.

:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't mean to be the only pessimist on the site, but...
Might not put myself in the "pessimist" column, but I'm getting used to anticipated news dates coming and going without event. It was the 2012 ST originally, right? That said, I'm still hoping July/August might count as "late 2012".

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you can place a order for a Focus ST starting March 1, then is it fair to say we could see the car in dealers lots 6-8 months from that time? Or less?

Late to me means...

Nothing... It means nothing. Because its tentative, I think they are pulling that from their "you know where"... This car...when you read from Ford via Press Release you will believe it.

What does late 2012 mean? What does Fall 2012 mean?

Late 2012 to me means November or December

Fall 2012 to me means September to November

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
If you can place a order for a Focus ST starting March 1, then is it fair to say we could see the car in dealers lots 6-8 months from that time? Or less?

Late to me means...
I haven't seen or read anything that says March 1st for an order. HIGHLY DOUBT IT. I'll believe it when I see it. Cars coming out this spring can't be ordered and you think the ST will be up for ordering? I would love to be wrong. Please...lol

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I haven't seen or read anything that says March 1st for an order. HIGHLY DOUBT IT. I'll believe it when I see it. Cars coming out this spring can't be ordered and you think the ST will be up for ordering? I would love to be wrong. Please...lol
Dan, I did say IF... :)

It was suppose to complement my point. I was not trying to make a educated guess.

And you make a good point yourself. If cars coming out this spring cannot be ordered. What chance does the ST have?

---

Also

I did get another email from the marketing.

https://wunderman.rsys2.net/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGsipskcirYYzfR97cIzgOhbGhOezd6yzb41IpRvzehR3VXMtX%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGoKBXpzaIJMcyugLHXnIFyutilo1eHeK4N3aHri6&_ei_=EnEyMd196YxwFWWMRtB3y3u8LWphtPZ3D1Pb5aIslJNmOLskonIRclxvk8GdpB7_vyYGwn_E3QT-zao2SHdhK8ZeNhKAwrSPCyltBWyZRVvxrE7qKEsLmZyApFmNym2iH-sSH8F8yewBC-Sko_f5KZNTJLU7D-3vWxCSxsRnqGWiNIVCS4HIOeRCn_1CErp85Bl97ZzX-BiISh-_Axp6E3YDjFRRC5_W54W-tj6_FybwnkMErdjaH9PhTGt8iN-EA3PPof_EOtGvhN-fbDr9BY6kYjlYI3jwZ286ibP9bcj6pQjfWY-WPKyHv59QBQttKPcTd5GFFjxCSUSiHtGpl9ScAjljdBMtuMBe-RipKhbWuj5YMwItKhDH2hnSGiwrJeQmksfSwx4q_nIgs3ikeBnwJ8E-30ObkO3RdDcW-CPYLDbdsBxbsXsemxu5wWILYuHKe1B05ssRs_H2hfDLAjqKwfmk9OGNF41hIPg.

I
t has the Focus ST listed... We are close...

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I do get those same marketing emails. They are definitely moving forward. I'm just a very impatient person and I get my hopes up easily. Who knows, I may not even be able to afford the car when it comes out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agree with you on release of the ST, and agree with you that I hope Im proven wrong. My cars' tranny is starting to go, so I hope it makes until the ST goes on sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts