Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. This is a quick review of my new mbrp exhaust. I got the 409 stainless steel version from edge autosport.
I have previously had magnaflow on my 3 other cars, and this was by far the best fitting and easiest install. It took about 40 minutes total time to install everything. looks and sounds awesome. No drone at all on the highway. In 5th and 6th I can't even hear it so it good for longer trips. Also theres a slight gurgle to the exhaust note on low rpms. Ill post some sound clips in the near future.

·
Registered
113 Posts
40 minutes?! I must be doing something wrong! I think I spent 40 minutes on the middle exhaust hanger alone when I installed it last weekend. Glad you like it though. I really enjoy the low growl on mine too.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I work on cars for a living and had all the equipment in the shop so it went really quick. I'm sure it takes longer at home if you do not have power tools or air tools

·
Registered
650 Posts
40 minutes?! I must be doing something wrong! I think I spent 40 minutes on the middle exhaust hanger alone when I installed it last weekend. Glad you like it though. I really enjoy the low growl on mine too.
Ditto! Having a lift makes all the difference. Working on your back made this fun, but definitely not the fault of the kit. I also have the 409 version and am very happy. I replaced the front resonator with a straight piece which really opened the sound up. Not for everyone, but takes 30minutes to reverse.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ditto! Having a lift makes all the difference. Working on your back made this fun, but definitely not the fault of the kit. I also have the 409 version and am very happy. I replaced the front resonator with a straight piece which really opened the sound up. Not for everyone, but takes 30minutes to reverse.
Good thinking on the straight pipe replacement. I'm considering doing the same on mine. How much did you have in materials to do that?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
I am really considering getting the same exhaust you mentioned. Can you please post a sound clip?

·
Registered
4 Posts
409 is the cheaper stainless, right? How much worse is it really to 304?
May eventually show some surface rust in harsher environments, but since you can't see that anyway, I saw no need for 304. Keep in mind every MBRP system comes with 304 tips.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Interesting how they get such a deep sound with two fairly small resonators.
Yes, It's 3" and that helps. I understand that the muffler and resonator are specific to the ST. They did their homework. It sounds fantastic IMO.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have it too '304' It really sounds great you can find a lot of sound clips on you tube but IMO it sounds nothing like the clips . Thats a good thing, sounds WAY better in person...

·
Registered
280 Posts
MBRP is top notch. I would put them ahead of the Borla's of the world b/c their products are as good, if not better, for less.

·
Registered
726 Posts
It's not a super loud exhaust. I needs some raspiness though. It sounds like a big fat open pipe. It's missing the snarl you might get from Borla or even Flowmaster. but it's cheap and well made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts