Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So the other day I was at a Ford dealership trying out MyFord Touch... I've heard all of the horror stories but I wanted to see them for myself. The stories were all true... Even with the update, the system's still painfully slow; it takes at least 1-2 seconds to switch between screens. That's pretty unacceptable for such a big automaker. Why Ford insists on packaging this system with the titanium or any Ford is beyond me... I feel like I was using an alpha build of it. Not only that, but the update made it a very chunky layout... Sure the bigger text is bigger for old people, but for someone like me, it just looked ugly... Anyways, enough of this rant, the point is that I'd really like to order the top-level package without MFT. I'd be willing to forego the Sony system for it.

Sorry for the rant, I just can't believe how much Ford dropped the ball on this... The regular MyFord is a much better system and reminds me a lot of my Fiesta's system, which I like quite a bit. Hopefully they'll let me order that with the higher options.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
Hope fully it won't be packaged into a ST3 and you'll have to buy it with to full leather seats. I like the simplicity of the SYNC on the Fiesta as well.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
MyFord Touch is not something I am interested in at all. Touch screens sound great and all, but in practice they are often frustrating and more of a distraction to driving than a well placed button or knob would be. I can't say this for sure with MFT, but other in-dash touch screens have always left me feeling a bit annoyed.

Just give me real buttons.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
MyFord Touch is not something I am interested in at all. Touch screens sound great and all, but in practice they are often frustrating and more of a distraction to driving than a well placed button or knob would be. I can't say this for sure with MFT, but other in-dash touch screens have always left me feeling a bit annoyed.

Just give me real buttons.
I agree. MFT is a great step forward with regards to in-car entertainment and technology, but in my opinion, I do not believe that touch screens have a useful place inside the automobile. They are excellent if you can give 100% of your attention to the screen, but in a car that is impossible if you are the driver. At this point, they also don't provide any tactile feedback which is what would be needed to replace buttons and knobs. Large screens are useful, but not as "touch screens".

I hope it is an option, unlike the Titanium trim. It's unfortunate that the Titanium trim level comes with the MFT standard and you can not order another trim with the handling package. The ST should hopefully rectify that problem. :D

Reactions: DKsig226

·
Registered
358 Posts
I will NOT buy the ST if the option is not avaiable in germany. doesn´t matter if the system is quick or slow. the system has a huge potential and i like that screens!
in a later firmware, all will be better!

PS; in Android market or now google play store you can find a MFT Demo APP :) nice one! (i tried this because MFT is still not available here..)

·
Registered
693 Posts
Downloading that app!! Never tried it out. Might help with picking whether or not I get the option or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cool app...maybe I could live with MFT, but is the screen on the ST2 going to be a 4" screen? In color? Also, I really hope the fake aluminum accents on the steering wheel and shift knob don't scratch like on my Mazda, so annoying.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Cool app...maybe I could live with MFT, but is the screen on the ST2 going to be a 4" screen? In color? Also, I really hope the fake aluminum accents on the steering wheel and shift knob don't scratch like on my Mazda, so annoying.
yes 4" and 4 are really to small. the MFT display is 10" i guess.
The aluminum accents are not fake. it´s all real aluminum :)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yes 4" and 4 are really to small. the MFT display is 10" i guess.
The aluminum accents are not fake. it´s all real aluminum :)
Agreed, I can't imagine trying to read all the stuff that's on MFT on a small 4" screen. For me then, it's sync only ST1 unless if I happen to get convinced MFT is worth it (unlikely) -- then its ST3. I just don't see ST2 as a viable option.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No no no.... The screen is going to be 7." The 4" screen will be in the gauge cluster
2013-ford-focus-st-interior-photo-435064-s-1280x782.jpg

·
Registered
495 Posts
I see, so MFT in the ST2 & 3 will have 7" screen. So do we know if this is the ST1 interior and what does that 4" looking screen show? Looks like color?

View attachment 1236
I don't think this is a US interior. It has the dual zone climate control which is not available on ST1, I assume the screen will display what the current non-MFT foci display in the US - radio/media

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think this is a US interior. It has the dual zone climate control which is not available on ST1, I assume the screen will display what the current non-MFT foci display in the US - radio/media
The climate control, and the fact the display is not in English and the speedometer is in kph and the boost gages say /bar also make me pretty sure this is not a US model. :p

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
It might have it, or it might not. Pre-production interior/exterior accessories won't necessarily be whats in the final product. Then again, it could look exactly like that picture (I hope it does), albeit with a few gauge changes.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've never seen MyFord Touch mentioned anywhere in the Euro brochures... you guys may be off the hook

1 - 17 of 17 Posts