Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Haven you taken the "Assembled in Michigan" sticker out?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title reads: My Focus ST came with a nice oval transparent sticker that stated the car was built here in Michigan... Mine is still on; however, I relocated it to the rear glass hatch, right under the third brake light. I usually hate stickers on cars, but I am proud to drive something built a few miles away from home!

What about yours?

G.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Mine's on my tool box (so it's inverted since the sticky is on the side you read).

I appreciate the built in plant X sticker if it's on the door jam but not in a window.

While our car was built here, the powertrain was built in Europe and shipped over. Transmission from Köln (Cologne), Germany; and Engine from Valencia, Spain.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
.... I am proud to drive something built a few miles away from home!
I too am proud to drive a completely assembled car from the USA, not the mention, 2 hours from my house. Also proud that I have one of the first Focus ST'3.

I believe I was the 2nd ST3 sold(drove off the lots..ect) in the US.

Reactions: BichusPlata

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Justin,
Yes, perhaps they could've put it somewhere else; my 'other' car was also assembled in the USA and the assembly sticker is on the door panel. To me the fact that doesn't have anything major built in Asia is what matters; USA is my country and I am proud that our country can put something like this together. You drive a C6, so you should know what we are capable of when we set out to build something awesome, without breaking the bank. ;) :thumbs: "Save the wave"

Chad,
That's awesome! Car #2 sold in the US... dang, and do you know who beat you to the punch?

G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts