Any sound clips.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
I know how I feel. I want those tips!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
They sure look pretty. Wonder how they sound and perform though.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Ford Focus ST Mk3 Prototype

I guess we should have some sound clips soon. See link for more pics. It is installed on Pumaspeeds ST.

Also i retract my prev statement after looking at more pics. The Tips are not 2 big.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thats exactly the look I'm looking for in an exhaust. Im not opposed to the tip on the stock ST, but not a fan either. Hope Borla, Magnaflow, and others are styled like this. :thumbup:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I dig the hell out of that! Has anyone delt with the boys from pumaspeed? They seem to be all over the ST.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Nope but they seem to be in a rush to be the first to market.

It would seem they have their turbo info wrong.

On the go via Tapatalk

·
Registered
440 Posts
All the European aftermarket guys like Pumaspeed, Milltek, Superchips(bluefin) are looking to make a splash across the world with their parts. There was never a need in the past with most of the hi performance vehicles only available in europe.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am still going to be a hard person to convince that there is going to be an aftermarket that SOUNDS better, PERFORMS better ( with testimonial dyno charts), and has NO drone!
BUT... I am willing to listen.
So I take it you won't be slapping on a coffee can any time soon. ;)

I can just imagine what some STs are going to look like after a few years... Scary thought.

·
Registered
547 Posts
......besides, I thought ALL guys like big tips!
Needs 2 more tips! :D

I am still going to be a hard person to convince that there is going to be an aftermarket that SOUNDS better, PERFORMS better ( with testimonial dyno charts), and has NO drone!
BUT... I am willing to listen.
There should be a few aftermarket systems with no drone. Magnaflow is notorious for droning. The exhaust (above) on my subie had minimal drone, but it wasn't a straight-through design.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
So I take it you won't be slapping on a coffee can any time soon. ;)

I can just imagine what some STs are going to look like after a few years... Scary thought.
SCARY INDEED!
I went through 4 different sets of mufflers on mu charger and the car is an 06 model.
Would up making my own whole exhaust system.
I have a mental issue about exhaust sound quality..

1 - 20 of 118 Posts