Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently this is the worlds fastest Mini. Best lap of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife: 8 min. 23 sec. That's 3 seconds faster than the Focus RS time recorded in 2009.

182976754792715431.jpg

MINI has released the first details of a limited production John Cooper Works GP II special edition that has claimed the title of the fastest MINI ever built.
The newest performance MINI model is a natural successor to the MINI Cooper S with John Cooper Works GP Kit. It has managed to achieve a Nurburgring lap time of 8 minutes 23 seconds which is a full 19 seconds quicker than its predecessor.
The powertrain, chassis and aerodynamics have been directly derived from motorsports and it also features an adjustable race suspension system. The exterior has evidently benefited from a more aggressive body kit that includes large front and rear aprons, striking side skirts and a bespoke roof spoiler.
Official specifications of the power unit have not been released at this time but taking the predecessor into account we can speculate the new MINI JCW GP will have around 220-230hp.
The MINI John Cooper Works GP Edition II will celebrate its world debut at the MINI United festival in Le Castellet, France on May 13th. Production is scheduled to begin later this year when a total of 2000 units will be available for sale.
Pretty sweet little car. More in debut information on the kit. MINI Cooper S JCW GP Kit: In Depth

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the specs chart they have inputted about every form of drivers aid into this little machine. DSC Dynamic Stability Control, ASC+T Automatic Stability Control, and a limited slip differential. 16 inch brakes, ABS anti-lock brakes, EBD Electronic Brake Force Distribution, and CBC Cornering Brake Control, lol now subtract 150lbs from the regular Mini.

·
Registered
231 Posts
No thoughts on the world fastest Mini?
The worlds fastest production Mini, not the worlds fastest Mini!

And I have some inside information on the new GP too; it isn't going to be cheap!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a soft spot for mini's, they are cool looking little cars. However I've known a few people with them and from what I've heard from them reliability is something of an issue. A guy I know just got rid of his after about 90k miles because the motor was falling apart.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man, that's pretty sick. Any word on.price?
All I can say is that it will be the second most expensive Mini ever produced.

I've owned two Mini's and the first one was damn near bulletproof. I ran it hard day in and day out with several mods and it never let me down. My second Mini, I broke the supercharger internally while it was still under warranty, but they replaced it with a brand new one. I sold it only a few thousand miles after that happened to buy an ST. It's not that they are less reliable than other cars, it's just when something breaks, it is very expensive to fix, even doing it yourself. My supercharger bill was over 10k!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I priced out a new John Cooper Works and with all the toys and 200hp ended up being about 40K. But still I don't know if I could do 40k for a Mini.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts