Ford Focus ST Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everybody. PB ST2 showroom fresh

Definitely hitting the C&C on Sept 7th - great turn out at the last one

Anybody interested in a Saturday early am cruise to Rock Falls Raceway on Sept 14th? I am going to get a time slip ( 1/4 mile ) before I start any mods ( thinking cold air inlet from FRPP first ? )

Rock Falls Raceway

What are your thoughts ? We could all meet on 94 and get us a freight train rolling to Eau Claire ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

I don't have much of an excuse for missing C&C, I live in Chanhassen...

I've got an ST2 that I've had for 6 months now, well just under, Sirius is bugging me to buy their service.

Race Red with 35% tint all around.

Here's some photos from right after I got the tint done:

Focus Tinted - Imgur

Cheers,
-Matt aka Aces

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

I don't have much of an excuse for missing C&C, I live in Chanhassen...

I've got an ST2 that I've had for 6 months now, well just under, Sirius is bugging me to buy their service.

Race Red with 35% tint all around.

Here's some photos from right after I got the tint done:

Focus Tinted - Imgur

Cheers,
-Matt aka Aces

Hey Matt.

Tint looks awesome - thanks for posting pictures, I have been thinking of doing tint (50 %) but not sure now ? 30 might be enough

Hey how did the hankooks work in the winter ? I just mounted up some Continentals and basically turned the car into a drift car. Much less forgiving than the Goodyear's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Matt.

Tint looks awesome - thanks for posting pictures, I have been thinking of doing tint (50 %) but not sure now ? 30 might be enough

Hey how did the hankooks work in the winter ? I just mounted up some Continentals and basically turned the car into a drift car. Much less forgiving than the Goodyear's
The Hankooks were pretty good, they were sort of allright in the snow. I was able to make it everywhere I needed to this winter but I did get stuck on a couple of hills. In the dry and wet however the Hankooks don't have the sponge feeling and keep the car handling well. They are a winter/ice tire but are mostly designed to keep the car fun when the roads are dry with a capability to get you home when you need them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was traveling back to the Minneapolis airport today on business and saw a PB ST on I494. It looked like it was lowered. It got off on the same exit as me and I was thinking about following to check it out closer. I live in NJ with a OW ST.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I was traveling back to the Minneapolis airport today on business and saw a PB ST on I494. It looked like it was lowered. It got off on the same exit as me and I was thinking about following to check it out closer. I live in NJ with a OW ST.
What time and what direction? I was on 494 east around 4:15 or so. I'm not lowered but I am on different rims that fit a little more aggressively.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like Mmagic and I will be missing this months C&C, seems most of the local Focus guys are all headed to MAP so we're just going to hit the October event to get one more in for the season.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd love to go to this next one, but I'm going to be at MAP Proving Grounds at BIR that weekend with a few friends. I'm hoping to make the one in October though. Never been to a C&C.
I saw your car in the road course lot when that Subaru crashed. I had the PB ST1 that was hanging around on Saturday. I am from Fargo, nice to see another ST. Did you take part in anything at Proving grounds?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Weez - Yeah, that was me. I did not take part in anything. Was just there to watch a couple of my friends on the road course and the drag strip. I don't know if you saw the first crash with the Evo, but that was one of my buddies. He had brake fade with no warning. Ended up fracturing his hip in a few places so he gets to be on bed rest for 6 weeks.

I saw you drive by a few times while I was hanging around my car. Looks like you recently purchased it. How do you like it? Did you run in anything?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weez - Yeah, that was me. I did not take part in anything. Was just there to watch a couple of my friends on the road course and the drag strip. I don't know if you saw the first crash with the Evo, but that was one of my buddies. He had brake fade with no warning. Ended up fracturing his hip in a few places so he gets to be on bed rest for 6 weeks.

I saw you drive by a few times while I was hanging around my car. Looks like you recently purchased it. How do you like it? Did you run in anything?
I heard about that crash but i didn't see it. That must have been a pretty rough hit. Hope he heals quick. So far its great, lots of fun its my first turbo car. Friday we did a bit of AutoX but Saturday i just wanted to watch my buddy with his white Fiat 500 Abarth that thing is a AutoX machine. My wife works with the guy that wrecked the Red Fiat 500 Abarth on Sunday. Road course took to many cars that weekend. Definitely made me think twice about doing anything. :?:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Heads up, folks - if anyone is planning on coming to the Twin Cities Ecoboost Challenge, I'll be there:).
I am there - scheduled for a 10 am time slot. Plan on hanging out for a while. Can't wait for a chance to get in a Fiesta ST !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Road course took to many cars that weekend. Definitely made me think twice about doing anything. :?:
The relative lack of safety features is the main reason my father doesn't run his car at BIR, He's been racing an Austin Healey 3000 for over 30 years and although it's a 5+ hour drive his "home track" is Road America.

Not saying RA doesn't wreck cars but the run off areas are a lot more forgiving, the other big issue at an event like they were running at BIR is that you're basically allowing anyone with a car out onto a serious road course and people will drive beyond their limits.

-Steve

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.