Moonroof?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to those who have ordered with/without the moonroof or plan to purchase with/without.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I ordered without. I have had a car with a sunroof and never used it, nor have I ever wished I had one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ohhhh, yes. I know it adds weight and costs a bit, but I love having a moonroof. Seems a natural fit for the ST3, too.
Agreed! At first I said no because of price, and size. They opened open employee discount, and I went for it. Also, I like having three LED interior lights(2 front, 1 back) instead of the one in the back on the non-moonroof model. It's not a big opening, but suffice enough.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have a moonroof in my current 09 Focus and I love it, even my 93 Mustang has a sunroof and I love it in that too so I didn't even think twice about ordering one on my new Focus.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Kinda need the moon roof in Southern California :
It keeps the car vented on hot days.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I didn't order one simply because of all the issues associated with sunroofs, as well as the opening being tiny, didn't think it would provide a whole bunch for the price. That being said, I wouldn't have minded it one bit if it was included in the ST3 package I went with. Also, if I lived in a beach/California type climate, I would have opted for it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Eh, I do live in California (definitely not a beach climate here though!) and have a moonroof on my current car that I've had about 8 years. I've used it maybe 10 times. I hate the sun shining down on my face and head so I only open it when it is hot and there is no sun. So...almost never, and I hate the reduced headroom it causes -- basically with my current car if I sit up straight, my head hits the roof and have to angle it sideways. Plus the moonroof seal started leaking recently...

The whole experience kind of made me not want one again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'm 6ft and in my 09 Focus I've never had an issue with head room with my moon roof. I use mine all the time to vent air without having to open the windows and it's quieter than opening windows. And I like to open it up whenever it's not raining or snowing out :) I was originally kind of concerned about having one because I knew some people who had sunroofs back in the late 80's and early 90's that would leak all the time. But I've never had any leaks with my 09 and it's been through a few winters so far. They've come a long way in quality. But to each their own, I would say if your on the fence or concerned about head room I'd recommend going to a dealer and sitting in a 2012 that has a moon roof to see if you have any issues.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So far I am the 1 undecided vote.

My concern was increasing the center of gravity of the car having a moonroof on the top due to the weight of the motor. This would cause me to lean towards not having one. I did some investigating and I heard that newer moonroofs have a motor that weighs no more than 40-50lbs tops. If that's the case I may get one.

I do have a moonroof, I use it on warm summer nights while I cruise on the highway or windy roads. Also, I like having it open late night in snowstorms. I never use it to stargaze or look at the moon though :) And, it makes the car way too hot in the summer when you're parked.

·
Registered
41 Posts
over the past week I have worked on a few 2012s with and without moonroofs. I am 6ft tall and I think the headroom is adequate for me . I am glad I ordered with the moonroof.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
So far I am the 1 undecided vote.

My concern was increasing the center of gravity of the car having a moonroof on the top due to the weight of the motor.
What? For real? It's negligible. You couldn't possibly notice the difference a moonroof made re center of gravity.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm going for it. If I'm going to pay this much for a Focus, its going to have every bell and/or whistle. I had a sunroof on my 3000GT and found that I used it way more than I thought I would...I traded that off for a 350Z Roadster, which had the top down any time it was over 40*. Not sure why I didn't get the drop-top on the Mustang, come to think of it...so yes, moonroof for me!

·
Registered
231 Posts
If having a sunroof is an option, I'll get it. My sunroof is open 97% of the time so it is most definitely worth it for me.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts