Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again everyone,

We've been very busy the last few months here at COBB! Whether it's on the dyno developing calibrations, under the hood creating hard parts, or romping around the streets with Tanner Foust... We have been plugging away to bring you the best possible products for your Focus ST! I wanted to share with you some more of our findings and give you the release date schedules for the hard parts you all have been waiting for. Enjoy!

Slide1.jpg
Slide2.jpg
Slide3.jpg
Slide4.jpg
Slide5.jpg
Slide6.jpg
Slide7.jpg
Slide8.jpg
Slide9.jpg

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
-Braden @ COBB

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like some great products!

I know it takes a while to get a C.A.R.B. certification for CA, do you plan to do this on the Cobb CAI for those looking to be smog legal in CA?

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is just awesome. I've never known of an aftermarket company to keep everyone in the loop to such a detailed extent!

Having said that, I'm excited for Feb. 28th lol. You've got a definite first-time customer here

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like some great products!

I know it takes a while to get a C.A.R.B. certification for CA, do you plan to do this on the Cobb CAI for those looking to be smog legal in CA?
Yes, I believe we are working on that type of package to make these parts 50 state approved! The good news is that our Stage2 package does not require the replacement of the downpipe thus avoiding a lot of your typical CARB certification issues!

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sweet. I am not spending any money until spring! Thanks COBB

·
Registered
534 Posts
Damn you guys are making it hard to keep this DD stock. :S

Has there been testing done at Cobb SoCal with the ST and our crappy 91?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have been waiting months for these details! I am really stoked!

I noticed where they said that the hard parts increased the turbo noise. I'm curious how audible the BPV is with the stage 2 package. It is too damn quiet.

·
Registered
199 Posts
They also mentioned that the stage 2 doesn't have their downpipe. It is saved for stage 3 and above. Wonder why that is??

·
Vendor
25 Posts
Our job here is to recommend to our customers what we believe is the best modification path for their vehicle.

With several of the other cars we support, Stage 2 indicates the use of a downpipe as it offers the next logical step in the mod path that offers the highest return on your purchase (that return being power!).

With the Focus ST, we've seen that the FMIC is a serious weak point in the system. By replacing the inefficient stock core with our high-quality bar and plate core, the decrease in charge air temps yield a huge bump in performance as compared to a downpipe for this vehicle. Thus, for this platform, Stage 2 includes an FMIC as it will yield the best results.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

·
Registered
650 Posts
tumblr_m0scugsLut1r786ovo1_500.jpg

Great info guys. Really looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings and what empties our wallets.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Our job here is to recommend to our customers what we believe is the best modification path for their vehicle.

With several of the other cars we support, Stage 2 indicates the use of a downpipe as it offers the next logical step in the mod path that offers the highest return on your purchase (that return being power!).

With the Focus ST, we've seen that the FMIC is a serious weak point in the system. By replacing the inefficient stock core with our high-quality bar and plate core, the decrease in charge air temps yield a huge bump in performance as compared to a downpipe for this vehicle. Thus, for this platform, Stage 2 includes an FMIC as it will yield the best results.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Makes sense. Well put!

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
So just to be clear... the Stage 2 package comes with the tune, FMIC, CAI and catback? Man, I really can't wait to hear that exhaust!

Also, do you have the exact horsepower/torque numbers?

·
Registered
547 Posts
That CAI is sexy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ok I'm stoked now! This is perfect timing because I've been waiting out winter before doing any mods. Real curious about springs and sway bars also.

·
Vendor
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So just to be clear... the Stage 2 package comes with the tune, FMIC, CAI and catback? Man, I really can't wait to hear that exhaust!

Also, do you have the exact horsepower/torque numbers?
The Stage2 package would consist of the COBB Accessport, COBB FMIC, COBB Intake, and COBB Cat-back exhaust. It would also be prudent to pickup the COBB RMM to help with the new power this package produces!

Here are the numbers as we tested on our Mustang MD500-SE dyno. They will of course vary by dyno and region, which is why we give percentage gains in our map notes and advertisements.

I have a few exhaust clips from earlier testing with the full turbo-back in another thread, I'll post them up here for you in a sec!

Edit:
Here is a quick clip I recorded back when we were dyno testing the full exhaust.

And one from in the car:

Thank you,
-Braden @ COBB

1 - 20 of 123 Posts