Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'll need that RS coupe for a second car! Who knows, maybe in 2 years Ford can be persuaded to make it AWD!
Then my Garage will park: dad's 05 RR SE, My PB ST, and this OW RS! :yay: Red White & Blue!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
AWD is nice and some people want it, seemingly everyone on the internet, but the actual number for historical sales figures on the premium, sporting AWD compact segment have been pretty small. Heavier, less efficient, still prone to understeer unless a costly performance-oriented torque biasing system is implemented between front to rear and side-to-side on the rear axle, all combined with being more expensive leave me wanting a lighter, just as quick around most tracks, more fuel efficient high-power front drive RS. A touch of torque steer is "character" that the car is going about its business. :)

As mentioned in another one of these threads, I'd take any blog post or media speculation like these articles with a grain of salt. Until more facts come out it's all a guess and yours or mine is likely just as good. Speaking of which I'll say a 2.0L or possibly the rumored larger displacement version of the Duratec/EcoBoost, 325 hp, 300 ft-lbs of torque from a larger twin-scroll BorgWarner K04, reverse scooped/extractor hood for better airflow through the cooling module, four-piston fixed front calipers, revised suspension and steering assist tuning, larger 3”/2.5” exhaust, torque biasing limited slip in combination with reprogrammed torque vectoring electronics, RevoKnuckle front struts, standard Recaro seats that are recovered or a different model for the RS (such as one of their one-piece seatback designs), shorter throw shifter similar to upcoming Ford Racing piece, big, lightweight forged wheels and some styling changes (different rocker covers, bumper fascia, more aggressive rear wing) and maybe some lighter aluminum or composite panels for the hood/roof/hatch. All priced starting at $29,950 for a lightweight, stripped performance version and able to load up with luxury/GT-type packages into $33-35k with performance to match the AWD compacts costing five-grand more when similarly spec’d.

There. I posted it on the internet so it must be true. Spread the link. ;)

Reactions: Cowlynz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.