Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off- hey Gents- thanks for havin' me.

I currently live in Kansas City but will be relocating to the Memphis area. I first started to wonder what the car scene/fuel/emissions/tag fees were like there for our cars. Let me give you the run down on how it is here. I'd love your feedback on how it differs from the Memphis area states I could live.

KS
- No Emissions here so no worries on having to un-tune or re-install a cat in order to pass inspection there.
- Only have 93 Octane at select BP stations
- 10% Ethanol in the gas/ 15% over in Missouri which is 15 miles East
- High Vehicle Tag Renewal/Property Tax each year
- No one likes ST's out here. Muscle car guys- even other fords- hate. Import guys hate because they have 100ft/lbs TQ and don't like a domestic that could fit in with the Import crowd. Hach guys see me as competition. No love.
- The shops out here are down to very few and no one really understands how to treat the car as it's not muscle and not import- let alone the ecoboost engine.
- Fuel cost isn't bad, but I'm from the West Coast (AZ, CA, WA) where it's more expensive than Krystaaaal.

Would love some comparisons on bullet points like these. We'll end up living anywhere within a 40min commute to East Memphis.

Thanks Compadres.

·
Registered
417 Posts
You living in Memphis, TN or West Memphis, AR? Arkansas has no emission testing or inspections. Property taxes are reasonable. Little Rock is a couple hours away but has a decent car scene, so I've heard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You living in Memphis, TN or West Memphis, AR? Arkansas has no emission testing or inspections. Property taxes are reasonable. Little Rock is a couple hours away but has a decent car scene, so I've heard.
Not sure where we'll end up. I'll be heading out there in about 2 weeks and will be staying with family in Germantown for a period of time- maybe 2-3 months.

Then when our house sells here in KC my Wife and son will head out after I've found us a house to rent for a year before we buy. I'll want to rent in a nice area for sure with a commute from 15-30 min to East Memphis. I say 15-30 because in the AM I need a drive to get me ready and plus I like driving my car. Also schools are a big deal as my son will be starting Kindergarten. And of course all the car stuff mentioned earlier is a big deal to me but not the wife lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been reading Bartlett is great- and Collierville is constantly being brought up in TN- but it's pricey.

I want my son to be in a good school district- that's our #1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts