Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
I like that is it is very affordable but still replaces enough of the exhaust to make for a good sound. I am surprised by the good upper RPM power gains.

My only complaint is that it should come with a clamp for install.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like that is it is very affordable but still replaces enough of the exhaust to make for a good sound. I am surprised by the good upper RPM power gains.

My only complaint is that it should come with a clamp for install.
Oops! I bet that is an oversight... All MRT systems come with the necessary clamps! I will send them an e-mail right now!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ranked this 2nd in terms of sound to the newly released CPE exhaust, but with that price, I'm pretty sure I'll have to go with this one. Yea I know this is just axle-back instead of a full cbe, and the CPE one does look a bit better, but for the sound/price, I think this is the overall winner to me.

Scrming, do you happen to know the diameter of the outlets? Also, though I've watched the videos you've posted up, I couldn't really tell if you had much or any drone in the cabin?

Thanks for putting this up.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I ranked this 2nd in terms of sound to the newly released CPE exhaust, but with that price, I'm pretty sure I'll have to go with this one. Yea I know this is just axle-back instead of a full cbe, and the CPE one does look a bit better, but for the sound/price, I think this is the overall winner to me.

Scrming, do you happen to know the diameter of the outlets? Also, though I've watched the videos you've posted up, I couldn't really tell if you had much or any drone in the cabin?

Thanks for putting this up.
The MRT comes with 3.5" tips.

Drone... I really hate commenting on drone, since everyone's idea of drone and what is acceptable and what is intolerable can be very different! 9 people may say "no drone" but there will be someone who say "OMG! The drone is so horrible I can't stand it!"

That being said... I am very impressed how quiet the system is when cruising, either around town or on the highway... I would hate to say "No Drone" because basically all performance exhaust systems are going to have some drone if you listen hard enough... But when it comes to the MRT system, I'm going to say it has a very minimal amount of drone, especially considering how great it sounds at WOT!!! Again, everyone is different but these are my observations...

Also, put on a set of over the ear headphones, turn up the volume and really listen to the my latest video.... I added a view of my speedometer so you know exactly what speed i'm cruising at... basically all you really hear when cruising is wind and road noise... maybe a slight hint of drone... but then again, i don't even have the stereo on! ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scrming,

Did you hear anything back from MRT about the clamp? Something like this would be nice.

Clamp
They were already closed... Not sure if they are open tomorrow (Christmas Eve day). Might not be until Wednesday. That clamp is typically the kind of clamp they use... I will post up as soon I hear back.

·
Registered
463 Posts
They were already closed... Not sure if they are open tomorrow (Christmas Eve day). Might not be until Wednesday. That clamp is typically the kind of clamp they use... I will post up as soon I hear back.
Thanks, it is no rush. I am actually toying around with the idea of building a similar exhaust myself. I have most of the piping laying around and a welder. I think I could probably make it for $100. Although it wouldn't look as good I am sure of that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Not really... Complete 304 Stainless, including the hangers, two 3.5" tips polished stainless steel tip, mandrel bent...
True, probably looking at $100 of piping and $100 for the exhaus tips at normal pricing. That does leave much money to cover manufacturing and development.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the stock resonator removed, I wonder how loud it will be paired with this axle back?? I'll probably go with the CP-E since I don't want it too loud. But the price makes it tempting.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had the stock resonator removed, I wonder how loud it will be paired with this axle back?? I'll probably go with the CP-E since I don't want it too loud. But the price makes it tempting.
Hmmm... i wonder how that would sound indeed.... hmmmm.... LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
i finally got my mine installed and i have to say i am very impressed with the sound and the quality the only complaint i have is i cant get the tips to be strait out its like they are mounted at an angle to the ground:( maybe im doing something wrong which i really hope so if you have any info on this scrming id greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i finally got my mine installed and i have to say i am very impressed with the sound and the quality the only complaint i have is i cant get the tips to be strait out its like they are mounted at an angle to the ground:( maybe im doing something wrong which i really hope so if you have any info on this scrming id greatly appreciate it
I believe there is a quite a bit of room to adjust the tips to where you want them.. at least it seemed that way when I was watching them put the exhaust on my car...Were you ever able to get the tips where they were straight? Perhaps a second set of hands to hold the tips where you want them and then tighten up the clamps?

Also, might want to give MRT a call tomorrow...

In the mean time I'm going to run outside and take a look at mine...

·
Registered
19 Posts
its almost like the rubber hangers need to be longer to hold the exhaust up higher i instaled it with them flipped up like the instructions said ill go take a quick pic and post it but besides this i love it i would of never thought just an axle back would sound this good

1 - 20 of 131 Posts