Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone needs to take their car out there, and record a GoPro of it, or is that something only tourists do?
I see a lot of idiots on youtube crashing out there, but I bet it would be fun if you didn't try to be super pro.

Either way, I can only dream, since I'm in Michigan, and it's nearly the dead of winter here.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I drove the inland part of it East of the 405 the the first week I got my ST, but I don't have the GoPro yet. It was a blast, a couple of motorcycles in front of me pulled over to let me by. :D I'll make sure to do a video when I get my camera.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If I ever get my go pro (picked up the car 11/1, still no go pro) I'll certainly do some video of Mulholland Highway (the western branch of the road that goes to the ocean). Mulholland Drive, which is the one that has the scenic views of the valley, just has too much development now.

I drove it the third day I had the car (the second day I trued to, but a non tightened radiator hose clamp let all the coolant leak out and the car had to be flatbedded to the nearest dealer). I think a Mulholland run to the ocean from Topanga would be a good group meet, with lunch either at The Rock Store or Neptunes Net.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If I ever get my go pro (picked up the car 11/1, still no go pro) I'll certainly do some video of Mulholland Highway (the western branch of the road that goes to the ocean). Mulholland Drive, which is the one that has the scenic views of the valley, just has too much development now.

I drove it the third day I had the car (the second day I trued to, but a non tightened radiator hose clamp let all the coolant leak out and the car had to be flatbedded to the nearest dealer). I think a Mulholland run to the ocean from Topanga would be a good group meet, with lunch either at The Rock Store or Neptunes Net.
I'm in for that. :yay:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like fun to me! I got my GoPro ready to rock!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I drove it from 405 until it cutoff going west. THAT was hella fun. If it weren't for the damn tour buses stopping on the road, I coulda had a better time.

I'd be interested if this still has any wind.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd like to do it. I've done that drive before in other, slower cars - Sundays are especially full of motorcycles as I recall. There are also bicycles out there on some days, so you can't go too fast when the visibility is bad. Maybe if we did it on a Saturday morning? Anyone up for it this Saurday 2/16? Let's get together and meet each other while we are having fun! We could meet for breakfast and then go, or ????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Damn, that sounds like fun. Unfortunately I'll be working on my headlights all weekend. :/ We should plan to do this another weekend as well. I'd be down to go.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mulholland will always be there, so we can go many times! There are lots of other canyon roads that run from the coast up to Mulholland Hwy as well, to give the drives a little variety.

I guess trying for this Saturday was a little ambitious, as it takes awhile for everyone to read the posts, and we all have other commitments. Maybe we need to pick a date in April or May?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts