Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SVTF4243.com
I've had this car for 10 years. And by far it's been a real joy to drive.
If it had boost it would have gone another 10 years for me, that's how much I like driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Good stuff, I think the majority of these old SVT Foci's are used up. I haven't seen one on the road in a long time!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very nice! Are you keeping it if you get an ST?

It's cool to see another designer on here.

·
Registered
440 Posts
purdy! I feel the same way about mine. Love the dynamics of the car hate the lack of GO. Even with a slew of bolt on's and a really good 94octane tune i was only pushing 200 crank hp MAX.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Very nice! Are you keeping it if you get an ST?

It's cool to see another designer on here.
Yes I'm keeping it as the project car see above link.
Once I get the ST it will be the DD

Thanks I'm convinced being a designer is a dual edged sword:
What you don't see won't hurt you.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
purdy! I feel the same way about mine. Love the dynamics of the car hate the lack of GO. Even with a slew of bolt on's and a really good 94octane tune i was only pushing 200 crank hp MAX.
My sentiments exactly
I can only get 91 octane ( or $7/gal 100 race )
What tune did you get?

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Good stuff, I think the majority of these old SVT Foci's are used up. I haven't seen one on the road in a long time!
Just turned over 100k miles last week
I see a fair amount of SVTs here in the LA area

·
Registered
753 Posts
I hope my ST will last that long. Problem with cars driven daily in NY, they have a tendency to fall apart from rust :(

·
Registered
440 Posts
It is a Toms Tune! Wicked Tune.

Ya living up in Canada... even taking care of my SVTF just from summer's and winters i am starting to get a little surface rust of the hatch and hood.

Love your Build site by the way. Keep it up. I had a jrsc on mine for a little while and if you end up putting the snail to it you will not be disapointed.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope my ST will last that long. Problem with cars driven daily in NY, they have a tendency to fall apart from rust :(
LOL Lived in NYC for 15 years Wouldn't dream of keeping a car this long there.

·
Director of Art
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It is a Toms Tune! Wicked Tune.

Ya living up in Canada... even taking care of my SVTF just from summer's and winters i am starting to get a little surface rust of the hatch and hood.
Everyone I've heard loves his tune.
Thanks for the props on the build site, it's still being neglected though

·
Registered
753 Posts
LOL Lived in NYC for 15 years Wouldn't dream of keeping a car this long there.
NYC shouldn't have been that bad, they barely get an snow. Luckily I live in Albany and the car will be garage kept year round. Albany doesn't get that much snow, maybe 2 or 3 good storms a year and the occasional nor-eastern. My 03 that I had for 5 years did very well rust wise so I have high hopes. Having a garage and washing the salt off regular is critical up here though. But I expect that if I keep it past 6 or 7 years then I'm going to start seeing rust creep in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts