Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mustang with Plate removed.jpg

My 93 Mustang Cobra, bought it last year and is my first Mustang. I've wanted one for over 10 years and finally was able to buy one. It's a bit of a restoration project for me. It had 85k on it when I picked it up and I've put a little over 1000 miles on it since. I love driving it and it's a fun car and easy to work on with the old 5.0 motor. But it was in an accident and has had the driver door, driver side front panel, bumper cover and hood replaced. So the paint needs work because it doesn't match and the front bumper cover isn't on perfectly straight. And it's got a small case of cancer growing on the rear bumper supports but the floor panels are straight and in good condition and the front strut toweres are also clean so the worst spots for the car are in good shape. When I got it was chipped and missing the cats. I've redone the exhaust from the headers back and put the cats back on. I couldn't stand backing the car into the garage (which is in my basement) and then my entire house smelled of exhaust fumes. It also has underdrive pullies and a cold air intake so only bolt on items. Everything else is original. My daily driver is an 09 Focus, been a great car but after having the Mustang for a year I wanted something that is a bit more exciting to drive and has a manual transmission.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm a Mustang fan myself. Glad to see these old Fox Body cars getting some TLC especially the Cobra models. Good luck with her, hope to see more in the future.

·
Registered
440 Posts
LOL sounds like you have yourself an issue with your garage.

Change the gearing on it and put some wider rubber on the rear and that thing will really wake up!

I am a big fan of the FOX! they love the mods and are cheap to do up compared to modern cars.

3.73 FTW

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks great in the photo. I don't see too many Fox Cobras these days. The local Mustang club I'm in has a few Fox owners but I don't think any of them are Cobras. Good luck fixing it up. :thumb:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yeah my Mustang club has several Fox owners and almost all of them are convertibles. I'm keeping this one mostly stock since it is a Cobra, a few bolt on items but nothing crazy. I'm almost done redoing the suspension on it. I put new quad shocks on the other day replacing the originals which were rusted and literally falling apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts