Ford Focus ST Forum banner

My ST has arrived (kinda)

48K views 183 replies 71 participants last post by  jthj 
#1 ·
Dealership stock, not my original order...but I'm signing papers now. I'll have pictures up soon!

#2 ·
Very nice! :)

#8 ·
First member then! Congrats!

On the go via Tapatalk

#15 ·
Come on not one photo, not one comment about the first drive!

#18 ·
Sorry for the delay, as it took forever, various issues arose, and I finally got out of there successfully but it was pretty late ~9:30ish. I will have more pictures up tomorrow when I can take them with some light. For those of you who saw my thread from earlier regarding my choice between a PB ST2 and a tuxedo black, seeing the black in person pretty much sealed the deal. The Tuxedo black with smoke storm inserts really looks a heck of a lot better in person than I would have expected.

With respect to the first drive: the ST is awesome. I mean...seriously, more so than I could have expected for sure. First of all, the Recaros are absolutely awesome. They hug you in ways that you should feel violated, and they are extremely comfortable. I think the thing most people will enjoy most about this car though, is the way that it fits YOU and YOUR driving style. I drove it rough for a bit, I drove it smooth for a bit, and everything in between. When rough, you hear the engine, you feel the tug, and you definitely feel like you are in a hot hatch thats definitely a sporty car. When you want smooth, you can easily top 33 mpg on the highway, and the engine is quiet, and you can just enjoy a smooth road.

Coming from mostly mid size cars in my past, the only real shock for me was the tighter suspension, where driving down some of the roads by my house forced me to take note of more bumps and potholes than I can remember. Again, I realize this is to be expected, given the performance, and I'm more than willing to accept it.

All in all, well worth the money (assuming it doesn't just break down on me tomorrow or any time soon for that matter). I'm still about as excited to wake up and drive it to work tomorrow as I have been over the past few weeks as I have anticipated the arrival of the STs.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design Hatchback

Vehicle Car Automotive design Light Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Headlamp Vehicle Automotive exterior Light

Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.