Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving through town a few weeks ago. Drivers door got hit with a disc-golf Frisbee. Made a pretty good dent and removed paint to the metal. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dealer body shop did a paintless dent repair for $150 including some other touch-ups. In the end they didn't charge me due to taillights cutting into the paint and did it under warranty. You could try the warranty route if you have any other issues and see if they'll throw it in or at least reduced price.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
392 Posts
Sue the person that made the terrible throw.

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
You have much better self control than me... I would have run that hippie over! (figuratively speaking of course, meaning that we would exchange insurance information lol)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
One of the few times I've had to park the ST next another vehicles in a parking lot a few weeks back, a large Tahoe that was next to my car and had a few feet clearance still managed to slam their door into my driver's door and left a half dollar-sized dent and scraped up the paint. Like suggested a paintless dent removal followed by a paint touch-up/blending would probably be the most cost effective and what I'm going to try (assuming they can access the dent since it is pretty close to the rear edge of my door).

·
Registered
418 Posts
"Billy Mays here!..."

Reactions: MassiveStone

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Billy Mays, RIP :(

Did you at least keep the Frisbee? I would have! Save a pedestrian from suffering the same fate as your ST at the hands of these untrained hooligan Frisbee operators.

·
Registered
258 Posts
When my car was 15 minutes old I got hit in the driver rear door with a football. The guy that threw it them yelled at me and told me I shouldn't have been on the road. They were throwing over the road... No dent though Thank God.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was too pissed to think of picking up the frisbee. But thanks everyone for the suggestions. I don't think the dent pullers or paintless dent removal will work because there is a good bit of paint missing (like 0.5in by 1.5in).

I will be getting a quote next week sometime and will update with the findings, cost and pics... :/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts