Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Focus ST1 in Tuxedo Black. It is the base model with no options, but that is what I wanted (all the performance w/ none of the finicky electronics). Also, I found the Recaro's a bit snug and the base seats to actually be extremely comfortable and still reasonably good for holding you in place. My only modifications are a set of 17x7 Motegi wheels and lightly used (<5000 miles) 225/50R17 Michelin X-Ice xi2s, and a Cobb short shift plate that will be in on Monday. I'm really enjoying the car so far, but am looking forward to spring/summer and doing a driving school and some track days, probably at Waterford Hills.

The ST is a big step up from the 99 Saturn SL2 5spd I've had for the last 8 years. It served me very well though, got me through 4 years of undegrad (Penn State Erie) and 3.5 years of grad school (Michigan Tech). I'm now an engine research engineer for Ford Research & Advanced Engineering in Dearborn and I'm enjoying having a car with the engine technology that I work with and test everyday. I look forward to learning from and participating in the forum.

Dan

ST Winter Front.jpg ST Winter Side.jpg

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Congratulations on getting the job at Ford, and welcome to the ST Nation Dan!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen quiet a few ST's in RIC parking lot as well. I've parked beside a blue Focus ST a lot recently, who must come in around the same time as me, but haven't seen the owner yet.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
Welcome to the Nation, glad to have you aboard!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts