Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
It looks like a smaller fusion, very creative Ford...

As far as the ST goes, if you google '2015 Focus ST' you'll get some spy shots of it, but of course the front grill is covered up so it doesn't matter. If it has those lines going horizontal across the grill like the rest of Fords lineup then I'll be glad I own a 2013 model.

·
Registered
615 Posts

As far as the ST goes, if you google '2015 Focus ST' you'll get some spy shots of it, but of course the front grill is covered up so it doesn't matter. If it has those lines going vertically across the grill like the rest of Fords lineup then I'll be glad I own a 2013 model.
No, it doesn't look quite right, the Fiesta looks closer to the Focus Electric, which had the Aston Grille before the Fusion, and is what the second refresh to the C1 platform should have looked more like imo. They appear to have ruined it if this is the direction they went, especially with the fog lamp area and the shrunken head lamps and grille.

·
Registered
407 Posts

As far as the ST goes, if you google '2015 Focus ST' you'll get some spy shots of it, but of course the front grill is covered up so it doesn't matter. If it has those lines going horizontal across the grill like the rest of Fords lineup then I'll be glad I own a 2013 model.
My guess the '15 ST's front end will resemble a Fusion Lol.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well said Mike!

·
Registered
700 Posts
My guess the '15 ST's front end will resemble a Fusion Lol.
it would not surprise me if Ford announces no more production of the ST for 2014, as normally the ST(SVT) runs only 2-3 years. This goes on to the release of the RS. Don't take my word for it, look it up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
it would not surprise me if Ford announces no more production of the ST for 2014, as normally the ST(SVT) runs only 2-3 years. This goes on to the release of the RS. Don't take my word for it, look it up.
Maybe in other markets but the mk2 facelift ST continued along side the RS in the UK, the base ST was dropped towards the end so you could only get a ST 2/3. Mind you they haven't done a pre facelift end of line special this time around either (ST500 for those that are wondering what it was). Also I doubt ford has plans for an RS estate (wagon) so I would imagine it would carry over to the facelift.

·
The Site Founder
3,422 Posts
But will it have the ugly corporate fusion like grill and interior?
I imagine the ST face lift will fallow similar design language, but still maintain its mean look. And yes, similar interior.

·
Registered
903 Posts
But will it have the ugly corporate fusion like grill and interior?
Well of course it gets the updated interior, and the same in the rear, except we keep the lower fascia for the center mount exhaust. I imagine we will have the same grille in the front as we do now, but the bumper will have new fog lamps and be modified to fit the new headlamps. I do not know how the HID lamps will look, but once we see the European ones we will know it's the same.

Fiesta ST has the same look as us, and the regular Fiesta has the "Fusion" grille.

·
Director of Web Relations
4,009 Posts
It's a chop but a nice one:

kejz.jpg

·
Registered
700 Posts
You all know the Face Lift car debuted in Spain already?

·
Registered
903 Posts
You all know the Face Lift car debuted in Spain already?
It debuted a lot of places already and is at Geneva. However there are not public shots of the refreshed ST yet.

I think this thread was started 6 hours before the car was made official. The leak was relatively short lived as a leak.

·
Registered
700 Posts
From Barcelona

2015 Ford Focus - Automobiles - CNET Reviews

<object width="364" height="235"><param name="movie" value="http://i.d.cbsi.com/av/video/embed/player.swf" /><param name="background" value="#333333" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="true" /><param name="FlashVars" value="playerType=embedded&type=id&value=50161910" /><embed src="http://www.cnet.com/av/video/embed/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="364" height="235" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="playerType=embedded&type=id&value=50161910" /></object>

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Wait. Not sure if I understood that video correctly, but is it saying the new Focus will actually decide to swerve around another car all by itself? Yeah...no thanks.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts