Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 200 miles on my new car. I have pushed her near redline about four times. They love to run! Anyways I finished owners manual and seen the engine break in procedures. Does anyone think I have harmed my engine? Obviously I will follow the manual for the remainder 800 miles. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're better than me. Did you say you FINISHED the owner's manual? Damn. I've come across some YouTube videos dispelling the traditional break in instructions. However, I doubt you'll break it since it's only 200 miles in. You inspire me to read my owner's manual LOL. I have about 1400 miles on mine. It makes you wanna break the law, such an awesome ride!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Doubt you hurt anything, my son and I were out street racing with mine the night I picked it up, less than 100 miles on the car

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UncleAI: That's awesome! Same day I drove home a guy in a newer BMW coupe flagged me down and asked me what I thought of it. Not sure if people think the ST's are the RS?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh.... you aren't supposed to push near redline until a certain amount of miles?.... Crap... I'm still in the double digit miles...:confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
none

Did you read the ST supplement manual? For 2014 all it did was state that there was no extensive break in period and just not to drive at steady RPM's and speeds for any length of time, which was not clearly defined, but I would think that you are all good. They come with a rev limiter anyway and if you haven't noticed, the 2.0 Ecotec falls on its face after 6k rpm so you shouldn't be wasting your time up there anyway. Def change your oil though no later than 5k... Ford claims 7500... but man, the oil dilution is pretty bad, my dipstick wreaked of gasoline after like 3500 miles, I changed it... Mobil 1 and Mobil 1 filter.. wen't about 7k on that crankcase.. and it looked like straight diesel engine oil coming out at oil change, but hey... that is the price we pay for having a GDI engine. Whatever you do.. do not run anything but "top tier" fuel! I run 89 octane.. Just fine, don't buy into that extra HP with "premium". Even if it is an extra 11 HP or whatever... you won't notice it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts